1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Lens for Zoos and Factories?

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by zarakand, Jan 17, 2017.

1. zarakand

zarakand Prince

Is there a quick and easy way to see what cities are within range for my zoos and factories? Something like a lens or a mod like EUI showed city limits? I hate having to count tiles each time. And is it 6 tiles from city center to city center or is it from the location of the entertainment complex/industrial zone?

Thanks

2. kamex

kamex Emperor

Nope. You'll just have to count by hand. This is another thing on the long list of complaints about the UI.

3. Zuizgond

Zuizgond Prince

It will be included in the Fall 2019 patch.

steve_indy, kaspergm and qadams like this.
  4. bladex

bladex Emperor

the more lens mod has a city overlap lens it's sort of like this

5. zarakand

zarakand Prince

Okay, I'll check out the mod for my next game. When I'm counting, am I counting city center to city center? Or am I counting industrial zone/entertainment zone to city center?

6. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

You count from (and not counting) the industrial zone tile, and then any city centre within 6 tile radius (including 6th tile) will be affected.

7. RealAntithesis

RealAntithesis Warlord

They should just remove the area of effect district buildings entirely. They seem to me to just be a gamified mechanic that just complexifies city building unnecessarily rather than something that makes some sort of sense in the real world. If the industrial zone buildings are too weak (which I think they are - adding a mere +4 production is almost nothing...), the buildings themselves should be buffed.