1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Leonardo's Workshop (The TECH Thread)

Discussion in 'Team Kazakhstan' started by Sommerswerd, Feb 6, 2009.

1. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

What were Damnrunner and Kaleb's stated reasons then? How bout you look at the posts above (like where Damnrunner says "banking and on to redcoats") instead of trying to deflect valid criticism by telling me "nice try."

If there was no tally for what to get after Banking then... we should have had one! Damnrunner started a discussion about Economics which you completely disregarded when you decided on Divine Right.

Do we need to elect an official turnplayer? I will mail my BTS disk to Damnrunner if he wants to do it.

2. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

That "nice try" comment is just typical of the kind of comment that's made me lose much of my interest in this game (that and a lack of time!).

3. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Damnrunner's last stated reasons were, and I quote:
    I love the way you just glossed over the fact that Damnrunner clearly wanted Banking for Econ, (rather than just because it was on the way to Rifling)... just to fit your point of view. Again, Nice try ;)

Kaleb's last stated reasons were, and I quote:
    Which is a more eloquent way of saying "I prefer Banking, because I don't want DR right now."

FYI I thought of quoting these above passages in a typical lengthy Sommersy type post. But I thought it would be obvious that the three Banking voters picked Banking for different reasons.

Finally... you are still missing the point with this whole debate. Why dont you start to tally up votes for what to tech next instead of complaining after the fact? Oh yes I forgot, because this whole complaint is really about... you wanting to be turnplayer, not next tech or worker actions.

And thank you for finally admitting what it really is that you want. If you are just so super-desperate to be the turnplayer you should just be honest and say so.

4. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

I'm not desperate to be turn-player, I'm desperate for our team to play the turns properly. If you want to be the last player left on Team Kaz (like Husch over on MS) then keep it up- i'm sure you'll have fun playing with yourself.

5. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

I wanted banking for rifles and the possibility of Econ was also interesting. I had no interest in Divine Right.

Divine Right got 2nd in the vote because it was a vote between two techs.

Any consideration of Econ though depends on where Sancta is. If they already have baking they will get econ 1st so we should not try. If they don't then we shoudl go for it.

6. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

To avoid future contention - I suggest that the turn player post their intentions on major actions (tech direction, slaving, build order in major cities, civics switching, declaring war, etc.).

Saying something along the lines of – “unless I hear any objections I am doing this” would probably help avoid these sorts of issues.

7. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

And there's another example of the kind annoying, petty comment that I can't be bothered to read.

8. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

Maybe we should make a dedicated flame-war thread so that these threads don't get so heated and off topic.

9. Sommerswerd

Speaking of off-topic...

For the 4th Time!... WHAt do folks want to tech next?!?:confused:

Taking Damnrunner's acvice: I would tech Replaceable Parts unless majority objects.

Oh and it seems like the majority want to settle the GSci in Hazrate. Curious since I seem to remember someone saying how good it was that Cavalieros was using G Sci's to bulb (and benefit all teams, rather than just themselves) but anyway, I would settle the GSci in Haz unless majority objects.

10. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

I agree settle the GS in Haz.

RP or Econ. RP is safer bet but if any one can run numbers on Econ I think that free GM could be really helpful. The questions are how fast could we get it and where is Sancta / Saturn on the tech tree.

11. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

Has any other team learned econ yt? If the free great merchant has already been snapped up then I'd avoid economics for now. How beneficial would printing press be? It's tough to choose what to research next when there's not much informaiton avaialble to differentiate the choices.

12. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

To clarify, I belive we have PP and are discussing teching Replaceable Parts.

13. mikotian

mikotian Warlord

wow dude that was a seriously twisted argument... Reminds of of Bill Clinton's "well it depends on what you mean by 'the' "

14. mikotian

mikotian Warlord

and if no other civ has discovered econ, I think we should get it. Free merchant will be worth a few thousand gold, which equates to even more beakers...

15. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Hmmmm... I guess i'm down for Econ (if no one else has it yet).

16. Sommerswerd

No team has Econ yet...

All teams can Research Econ. Slaze says that SANCTA is teching Engineering (8 turns)...

We also know that the espy on SANCTA tech has been questionable because they manipulated the tech choice to hide their tech. It seems like they have backed off of this practice recently though, after the big UN controversy over it.

We are currently teching 423 @ 100%.

Our tech choices are:
    Drama 448 beakers / 1turn
    Music 897 / 2 turns (MS is teching this and will finish in 4-11 turns according to HUSch)
    Nationalism 2691 / 5 turns
    Liberalism 2093 / 4 turns
    Economics 2093 / 5 turn
    Scientific Method 3588 / 7 turns
    Replaceable Parts 2691 / 6 turns
    Military Science 2990 / 6 turns
    Steel 4186 / 9 turns (Cavalieros are teching this and will finish in 5-8 turns according to Slaze)

Last Posts in the Tech Thread say:

Sommers - Rep Parts
    Damnrunner - Rep Parts or Econ
    Donsig - Unsure / Wants more info
    Cavscout - Econ
    Mikotian - Econ
    Kaleb - Thinks Sommers is annoying and petty

Based on this, I would tech Econ next, unless majority changes. As an aside, Military Science (which enables Grenadiers and Ship-of-the-Line) is looking pretty delicious right now.

17. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

I'm in the 'go for econ if no one else has it' category.

I think we (and this 'we' includes our allies) should get a plan together for getting some of the outstanding military techs (military science, nationalism - and isn't there military tradition as well?).

18. Sommerswerd

We need Music for Military Tradition. MS is teching Music now, but Cavalieros (slaze) has been excoriating them for it. (See the Cavalieros Embassy thread for details)

As a side note, Cavalieros is willing to fund our research towards Rifles (Replaceable Parts / Rifling), once they finish Steel. I don't know how they would feel about funding Econ, but it may be a non-issue if we can somehow finish Econ before they finish Steel (bulb? Golden Age?... IDK).

19. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

I think they would be ok with funding Econ - if we get the GM and do a trade mission it will greatly heal p the alliance.

20. Sommerswerd

I think our chances of getting the free Great Merchant are low...

I think that as soon as we start to tech Econ, SANCTA will know by reading the Demographics, and switch to Econ, in order to beat us to it... Just my opinion, but I would still tech go ahead and tech Econ since that is what folks seem to want.