"Leones et Vulpes" -- A CFC EU3 Multiplayer Game

Dreadnought

Deity
Leones et Vulpes
The Lions and the Foxes

A CivFanatics EU3 Multiplayer Game

“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves. Those that wish to be only lions do not understand this. Therefore, a prudent ruler ought not to keep faith when by so doing it would be against his interest, and when the reasons which made him bind himself no longer exist. If men were all good, this precept would not be a good one; but as they are bad, and would not observe their faith with you, so you are not bound to keep faith with them.”

Special thanks to wabatt for taking the first important steps to organizing the game, and thanks to all the players for making it exciting!

Welcome to Leones et Vulpes, the CFC EU3 Multiplayer experience. On July the 31st, in the Year of Our Lord MMXI, seven kings emerged from the conflagration of the Medieval world to forge a new destiny for their fateful kingdoms. Some of those kingdoms had existed for centuries, slashing their way through this Darwinist age; others had just recently achieved independence from former overlords. Regardless of their different histories, each nation marched forward to embrace the future.

Rules

General Rules

1. Wrecking your own nation because you lost is not allowed, or refuse to peace and go to ridiculous lengths to annoy your enemy.
2. No sale of provinces to nations who cant see said provinces and cant see the sellers capital.
3. A player can DOW another player's vassal only if that vassal is not allied with its overlord. Declaring war on a vassal to circumvent a truce is not allowed.
4. Exploiting technical shortcomings (such as lag) will not be tolerated.
5. Try to keep expansion historical: for example, no far-fetched PU's or annexations (For example, Muscowy claiming the throne of Naples). We are trying to avoid the ugly maps that evolve in single-player games.

Rules for Peace

1. Peacing a player nation through an AI nation is forbidden.
2. A player may invoke surrender at any time during a war, he is then assumed to have lost the war completely (i. e. Warscore 100%). Once this has happened, peace must be agreed to.
3. You may not cede other player's provinces as alliance leader.
4. Demands against players by their human opponent(s) in a single war may not exceed 100 % Warscore.
5. Abstract peace terms that are not enforced by the game itself must be honored at least until the war's truce expires.

Settings

Spread of Land: 200 years.
Spread of Sea: 75 years.
AI Aggressiveness: Low.
Lucky Nations: None.
All other options are normal.

Joining the Game

This game is always open to those that wish to join. If you wish to do so, please express interest in this thread. Before joining, please make sure you can commit to the necessary times we will play. Excluding any extra days we play, our games will be played on Sunday evenings at ~18:00 GMT. It would be best if, before joining, you can commit to playing more than one evening.

In order to join the game itself:

1. Use Hamachi to connect to the network:
Network name: cfcEU3game
Network password: civ

2. Once in Hamachi, I will display my IP address once the game room is hosted. Make sure to copy that specific IP, then go to the multiplayer menu of EU3 and connect by IP.

Hamachi is a small, easy program to use. Download it here.

Player List

B4tman - France

Red_Spy - Milan

fran23 - Morocco

wabatt - Bulgaria

Bulba - Novgorod

Matt0088 - Brittany

Quintillus - Manchu

Parapaiontes - Poland

Dreadnought - Castille

germanicus12 - England

Duke of Britain - Brandenburg

Here's a map of the players.

Spoiler :

And by the way, great thread you've made, Dread.

I vote against any game before Sunday, as I will be unavailable Tuesday and will probably lack Internet until Sunday. Slight chance of being able to join on Saturday evening, but assume I won't be there for a Saturday session.

Also, the image above "Joining the game" is saying it can only be viewed at beaconhillparkhistory.org.

the latest patch (5.1 official)
the checksum is BJLT, remember to clean the cache after installing the patch

Thought i'd keep with the theme I dig all those medieval paintings

Released from the Ottoman Empire in December of 1421 by the ever benevolent King Enrique of Castile, the Bulgarian state arose in a time of great fear for eastern Europe. A noble of the name Koloman the Third took control of the fledging country, thereby establishing the Kotromanic dynasty that governs Bulgaria to this day. King Koloman preached competitive trade practices to the people of Bulgaria who in turn took control of trade centers from Lubeck to Alexandria.

Having established a source of income for the new empire King Koloman turned his attention to expansion. He personally rallied a army 5,000 men strong to sack the city-state of Constantinople and secure the richest province in all of Europe. Koloman himself lead the assault which resulted in the butchering of 4,000 byzantine soldiers who were taken unprepared in the midst of the winter months. With Constantinople under his belt Koloman would go on to lead his people to peace and prosperity for 3 more years until he passed away in the summer months of 1425 leaving his 3 year old son Todor to ascend to the throne. Two more years pass without event, the wars that had been plaguing western Europe having no effect on Europe's eastern inhibiters.

Then came the day when the Golden Horde renewed it's aggressive policies and threw everything it had against the countries of eastern Europe. The Russian states, Poland, Lithuania, Hungry, and Bulgaria put aside differences and united to combat this threat. The lesser of the Russian states were vassilized and 15,000 men stood poised to invade Bulgaria when the conquered rebelled against their Golden Horde masters and forced their armies in to the back water provinces of Siberia. Poland managed to take Bessarabia and Cherson completing the Polish corridor that stretches from the Baltic to the Black Sea. Unable to break through the corridor the former Horde land that was taken from the south Slavic was occupied unchecked by solely Bulgarian forces, something the Hungarians have displayed frustration over.

The current year is 1433, former Horde lands are being colonized and the future looks bright for young Bulgaria.

The Barbary Lion

Eugene Delacroix - Arab horseman attacked by a lion​

In the year 1400 AD, Sultan Abu-Sa'id Uthman III started the Moroccan War for the Algerian Throne. After 3 years of hard fighting in the North African desert, Abu-Sa'id crowned himself Sultan of Morocco and Algiers, bringing the two countries in a personal union.

In 1404 Abu-Sa'id adopted the title of Khalifa, declaring himself the representative of Allah on Earth. During his reign, he persuaded the infamous Barbary Pirates to abbandon their practices and start a new life as fair merchants. The Sultan joined the Hanseatic League, and his former pirates began to dominate the trade of Europe, just like they dominated the seas, they have been plaguing not long ago.

Sultan Abu-Sa'id Uthman III Marinid​

On 16th of July, 1414, while campaigning against Tunisia and Tripoli, the Great Sultan Abu-Sa'id Uthman III of Morocco and Algiers, died peacefully in his tent, leaving the two Sultanates to his son, Abdalhaqq II. By the end of the year 1415, the young Sultan had annexed Tunisia, and enforced a personal union on Tripoli. Abdalhaqq II also started expanding his navy, building state of the art carracks in Tangiers and Ceuta.

Abdalhaqq II Marinid, Sultan of Morocco and Algiers. His flagship, the "Fa'uf" in the background.​

In 1417, after a revolt, a pretender seized the throne of Tripoli. Three years later, Abdalhaqq II invaded Tripoli once again, but this time the Mamluk Sultan of Egypt, rushed to the aid of the Tripolitanians. In 1421, the Sultan's Marshall, Rasul Arazi, completely destroyed a Mamluk force of 13000 men, which was defending Tripoli. Arazi proceeded, and by the end of 1421, Tripoli was completely annexed by Morocco. In the same time, English and Portugese forces were invading in Tangiers and Ceuta, so after another victory over the Mamluks, Abdalhaqq II accepted the white peace offered by the Sultan of Egypt. Tangiers and Ceuta fell to the Portugese invaders, but in the end, Marshall Rasul Arazi managed to drive them back into the sea. The Moroccan fleet also won a great victory in the Straits of Gibraltar, against the Portugese fleet, removing the Portugese danger for the years to come. In spite of these victories, the Moroccan Sultan had to concede a defeat to England, ending the war against England, Portugal and Aragon.

General Rasul Arazi​

In the late 1420s, Abdalhaqq II invaded Egypt. Rasul Arazi defeated Sultan Barquq II in battle, destroying all of the Egyptian forces. In the next years, several famous cities fell to the Moroccans, such as Alexandria, Cairo, Jerusalem, Beirut, Damascus or Aleppo. In 1431, after a total victory over the Mamluks, Abdalhaqq II annexed the provinces of Libya, Alexandria and Asyiut.

Sultan Abdalhaqq II, and his followers praying in Cairo, after capturing the Mamluk capital.​

OOOhhh, cool!

too bad i don't have a lot to say about early Brandenburg :) maybe i will take a look at it...

I still am interested in playing as Norway.

I still am interested in playing as Norway.

May I ask why Norway instead of Denmark or Sweden ? It seems like an odd choice since the later two are in a better position and also have more flavour when playing them (more unique decisions, missions, etc.).

I would like to play Poland.

Is this Divine Wind 5.1 then?

I would like to play Poland.

Is this Divine Wind 5.1 then?

There was already a Poland player, but he hasn't attended this session for some reason, if he doesn't come back Sunday then i think it's only fair that you get Poland

May I ask why Norway instead of Denmark or Sweden ? It seems like an odd choice since the later two are in a better position and also have more flavour when playing them (more unique decisions, missions, etc.).

I don't know. No real reason.

Actually, I may not be able to make it either, could be going on vacation to Utah then.

Top Bottom