Leoreth Plays Holy Rome

Just Completed the UHV in the new build (Monarch/Normal). The greek respawn enabled the victory after stupid spain conquered france when I released them..... I found the key to my victory was to settle Memel, Prague and brest-litowvsk before the Poles spawn so they don't clog up my core cities once the prussians arrive, Krakow is bad!!!!

Just Completed the UHV in the new build (Monarch/Normal). The greek respawn enabled the victory after stupid spain conquered france when I released them..... I found the key to my victory was to settle Memel, Prague and brest-litowvsk before the Poles spawn so they don't clog up my core cities once the prussians arrive, Krakow is bad!!!!
If that's not historical I don't know what is.

How do you expect them to be changed?

Spoiler Your own words: :

[*]Now for the actual goal, I am considering a change to "Make sure that all but two European civilisations are independent and have at least Pleasant relations with you" which is a bit more responsive to which civs spawned, collapsed, and got carried over from an earlier start date. Unfortunately it also encourages simply eliminating everyone who hates you, which is not exactly in the spirit of the goal.
[*]A reduction to 7 required civs, combined with the above, should still be reasonable.

I'd say either that or a percentage like two thirds or a half of independent Europe, or vassals counting too so it's not too out of the player's control. Morocco shouldn't count as European but IMO Turkey should.
I see no issues with the first two requirements, it's that part of the third requirement that makes it very hard. The Great People requirement can be done with careful planning (I would have made it if I had adopted Democracy earlier and built one Museum instead of three).

I think further down in the thread I came to the conclusion that no changes to the goals are required in the context of other changes that have already been made.

I did it. It was hard and pretty luck-dependent though.

I started as Byzantium to found and pre-develop the cities before the HRE spawns.

Built a Museum on Rome, spawned as many Artists and Statesmen as I could.

My vassals were Poland, Italy and Spain. Poland collapsed and I returned Spain the cities I sacked from them but I could never get rid of Italy.

Around 1840 I declared war on Prussia so France likes me more, settled my remaining Great Statesmen in Vienna to give the 10 Great People and then went for Amsterdam and Stockholm so they like me more. The turn both arrived was the turn I released Greece and then improved relations with them, thus giving me the 8/8 I needed.

You can also start with Vikings 525, if that works and loot a lot of gold and give to HRE I been able to egt 4-5k with conquering cities and pillaging ^^.. Though Byzantium 335 almost add an extra 2 centuries. I usually start with Vikings before switching to English myself, for example. ^^

Top Bottom