• Tamils

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Japan

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Egypt

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters
honestly, I wouldn't want Byzantium to win any other way

I voted Russia because I would like you to experience how hard the conquest events (in this case Mongols) make regular game play.

I'm feeling conflicted about Russia catching up so fast in the polls (man this would have been a good joke in 2016). FWIW my main argument for choosing China over Russia if we need a tiebreaker is that with Holy Rome Leoreth already covered a European Medieval to Industrial civ, and by playing China he both avoids being eurocentric in space and (post-)Medieval-centric in time, if that makes sense.

Russia isn't just europe Russia is in Asia too
Yes, it is very much on the periphery of Europe as we understand it today and stretches far beyond it, like the Ottomans, Moors, and in antiquity the Phoenicians. Nevertheless, just like Holy Rome it spawns in Europe during the Medieval age as a Christian (though another denomination) feudal monarchy. Imo Leoreth should switch both time and place up in a major fashion at least for the first few games so he doesn't get too focused on a single period of time and piece of land. My personal recommendation would be China->some pre-Colombian American civ->Russia->some Islamic Middle Eastern civ->some Sub-Saharan African civ->some Western European or post-colonial American civ->some Southeast Asian civ.

Depends on how you play Russia of course, but I don't think Russia and HRE interact with the same land at all.

No love for Indonesia?

Nobody suggested it last time, but I will include suggestions not on the current poll in the next poll.

Depends on how you play Russia of course, but I don't think Russia and HRE interact with the same land at all.
I, too, often forget about the existence of Poland.

Nobody suggested it last time, but I will include suggestions not on the current poll in the next poll.
Sort of joking about Indonesia. I actually like it because it teaches you how to utilize the different civics, but it literally is just clicked "Next Turn" at some point unless you're going for a global empire (which the Americas do give you an option for).

Seems to be a neck and neck between China and Russia this poll almost feels like a soccer match to me XD

I've voted for China btw really interesting to see how you will experience with it.

Alright. I will soon return to bugfixing and implementing other to dos, including the insights from my Holy Rome game. After that I will play another round, so now is the time to vote if you haven't, or to strategically change your votes to pick one of the frontrunners (or topple them!).

Trying to influence voting: Forget about Byzantium it won't win and vote for Russia instead.

Byzantie or bust

In all seriousness, I like China because a) it gives Leoreth an opportunity to try a non-European play-through, b) it starts from the very beginning rather than from the Middle Ages, and c) China is a very peaceful 'builder'-type play style besides the scripted event with Mongolia.

I need more lobbying in this thread. Where is the canvassing, where is the electioneering? Get out the vote!

I need more lobbying in this thread. Where is the canvassing, where is the electioneering? Get out the vote!

ask and thou shall receive.

I Kína eínai mia epilogí meme kai epipléon i Rosía prépei na katastrafeí.

Edit: Ill only vote china if Leoreth promises to make winny the pooh a leader head

I changed my vote to the russia. I beated the Chinese UHV in the most recent version but Russia was too harsh to go over the medival era.

Top Bottom