Lets Get Ready To Ruuuuuumble!

mayakovsky

Cosmic Slop
Just checking if there were any boxing fans here. Me, I love to see guys, and even girls, beat the turd out of each other.

Did anyone see the fight Saturday? I'm usually not much of a heavy weight fan, but I couldn't pass up a chance to see Lewis get socked a couple of times. Klitschko was fairing very well, if it wasn't for that nasty gash over his eye. Oh well, maybe next time.;)

I'm still salivating over Morales v. Berrerra III. The first fight was a classic, the second very good and hopefully the last will be awsome!:king:

I think they should have let that fight go on until a real K.O.

No offense, but I think boxing should be banned! It's only about who can hurt his opponent the most. Not a very nice sport, IMHO...

boxing is mainly about the bets

they give them gloves! what else do you want? ;)

Darkness No offense, but I think boxing should be banned! It's only about who can hurt his opponent the most. Not a very nice sport, IMHO...

Not really. Although I won't deny that it is a brutal sport, there is a lot more to it than just bashing the crap out of each other. There are many boxers who actually box for points because they lack the power to knock anybody out. If someone goes into the ring thinking that they can just throw a bunch of haymakers and hope one lands, he is going to get beat 99 out of 100 times.

The art of pugilism.It is indeed a great sport.
Sure people get hurt.They are fighters for crying out loud.No one forces them to fight.Thats why such big dollars can be made for those that excel

The fight on Sat needs to be finshed some day.That was a horrible cut and really there was no choice because fighter safety is paramount.Lumox Lewis was behind on 2 cards I beleive.The best was yet to come.

But if I had to pick only 1 fight sport,I would probably choose UFC and the like.The strategy is just great.

Greatest fight I ever saw though was Hagler/Hearns.Unbelievable

I like boxing. It's nice until a guy gets really hurt or worst. I love Arturo Gatti (home boy) and his fights against Mickey Ward were awesome!

Follow the aussie fighters a bit (Kostya Tzu), but don't get much on the American fights, mores the pity... they're the best.

There is a great white hope heavyweight out of Buffalo named Mesi.26-0 with 24 knockouts.He will be entering the world of top 10 fights soon and we shall see how he fairs.Here's hoping....He looks mighty impressive in the ring.Very unassuming out of the ring.I don't think my Grandmother would be afraid of him.

hehehe..this is true.Feisty and clever :D

But Mesi is the best "Great White Hope" I have seen in some time.A late starter with great skills and huge worker.But can he take it to the next level?..this is to be seen yet.
A fight with Hasim Rahman is in the wind.A fight like this would tell alot about Mesi

The fight on Sat needs to be finshed some day.That was a horrible cut and really there was no choice because fighter safety is paramount.

LOL! That cut was disgusting! You're right, the fight did indeed need to be called. I came away very impressed with Klitchko. Even though the announcers were saying Lewis was out of shape.

Tzu is tough. I've seen quite a few of his fights.

I love boxing until it comes to decision time.:( There is not much faith to be had in the judges.

Just checking if there were any boxing fans here. Me, I love to see guys, and even girls, beat the turd out of each other.

Did anyone see the fight Saturday? I'm usually not much of a heavy weight fan, but I couldn't pass up a chance to see Lewis get socked a couple of times. Klitschko was fairing very well, if it wasn't for that nasty gash over his eye. Oh well, maybe next time.;)

I'm still salivating over Morales v. Berrerra III. The first fight was a classic, the second very good and hopefully the last will be awsome!:king:

And in deed was awesome... Morales v Barrera III instant classic.:)

:Greatest fight I ever saw though was Hagler/Hearns.Unbelievable

:goodjob:One of the greatest sporting clashes I have seen aswell . My greatest fight involving an Australian was Jeff Harding vs Dennis Andres .

I far prefer boxing to MMA or UFC . It's the speed and artistry combined with the courage and brutality that does it for me .

It's a shame how far the heavyweight division has fallen since the glory days of Hollyfield and Tyson . But it's a veritable golden age in some of the lighter divisions

Never was a fan of MMA/UFC. I'm no expert, so I'm probably way off, but it looks more like schoolyard fighting.

As for boxing, it kinda went downhill for me after Larry Holmes retired (or should have, he had no business trying to fight Tyson at his age). Of course Tyson was a big draw, but I never saw him as a boxer, just a freak. It was eventually learned that all you had to do was make it through the first couple rounds, then he was out of gas. But it got horrible at the turn of the century. Today it's not much different than wrestling. I'll just enjoy it during the summer games this year.

Top Bottom