Let's go further with the resource based economy

thecrazyscot

Spiffy
I think the change to strategic resource stockpiles and accrual per turn is an outstanding change and will make resource considerations far more important. Additionally, the fact that buildings will have the ability to require resources provides some very interesting capabilities indeed.

However, I think there was a missed opportunity to treat luxury resources in a similar way. It would require rethinking how luxuries generate amenities and how citizens demand them, but it has the potential for a much more in-depth economic simulation using systems that are essentially all in the game.

On the other hand, it would be far more complex than the current system, but I think it would make trading more meaningful and make city-size management far more in-depth. I hope that if Firaxis is considering a 3rd xpac that they take a look at expanding the new resource system.

A very interesting mechanic, already explored by some modders like @UncivilizedGuy and mentioned by other fellow forum members like @dunkleosteus, could be to create resources from other resources and based on the buildings you have. I suggest you take a look at @dunkleosteus 's post here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/civ-6-massive-overhaul-help-wanted.612405/ very interestig ideas.

In any case I would vote for a system where every city builds the normal production output AND resources, from the moment it gets its workshop. The resources available to produce will be based on the buildings the ciy already has and the "raw" resorces at your disposal.

I guess an ameneties' management system will be needed. And I will defenetly link it with the loyalty system.

I would like to see stock exchanges tied into resources somehow. Stock exchanges in the real world give dynamic yields based on the quantity of resources available in a Civilization. The yields should also be affected by war weariness. Maybe even have corporations appear based on the quantity of a specific resource that the Civilization possesses.

Trading routes are another thing I would like to see changed in an econmic mod. I would really like them to make just one trip to the destination city and then coming back to its origin city, giving all the yields of the trade when it is finalize. I don't really get why the yields are given turn based and not at the end of it.

Top Bottom