Let's make things more interesting.......... in Civ6

Geron_Grishata

Chieftain
Making Bold Propositions

I've been a big fan of the civilization series for a long time. But i was always bugged by the fact that some important countries/civilizations were missing. One example i can give is with the Byzantine Empire, though they added it in the last 3 games (Civilization - III, IV, V) and i am hoping i will see it again. Other examples i can give are the following countries:

- Bulgaria - haven't seen this nation except in the form of city states ("Sofia" in Civ5 and "Preslav" in Civ6), they have too much history to be neglected like that (such as creating the Slavic language, crushing the Arabs like King Carl Martel and etc)
- The Papal State - this is a nation will certainly be interesting, especially finding a way to incorporate new mechanics for it (like their part of their powers - "Donatio Constantini"), let's not forget this is the Pope we are talking about XD.
- The Republic of Florence - I've always felt that there was an absence of Italian nations in the game (there was Venice in Civ5), making that Renaissance era kinda of empty and with this nation we can exactly fill that gap - the most curious thing is that city of Florence was the first Italian capital and the local Tuscan dialect is the base of modern Italian.
- The Republic of Genoa - another Italian candidate i want to include, with the compelling dynamic of navy and trading colonies (historically speaking Genoa had colonies all around the Black Sea and Eastern Mediterranean)
- Hungary - this nation has never been included in the series even as a city state, while having influenced European politics prior Austro-Hungary (they led the Fifth Crusade) and after; something interesting about their army is that it was called the "black army".

All in all i really want to see some diversity in the Civilization series, because I'm getting bored of seeing all the same civilizations (America, Spain, France and etc.). The game needs some sprucing up in order to make the gameplay more intriguing. The civilizations i described are just a proposition that in my opinion should suffice in as a interesting future expansion.

What about this is "bold?"

I agree with you about Bulgaria, but disagree with literally everything else you proposed. It's not only exceedingly Euro-Centric, but also Italo-Centric. We don't need more of either, not when we could just have a solid "Italy" civ and a bunch of wonders from its respective republics instead. We don't need a separate Byzantine civ either.

Go to the Civ V steam mods. Look at the "most popular of all time" civ mods. There are literally dozens of more interesting civs outside of Europe.

Top Bottom