Let's Play Brave New World - German movie with English subtitles

Writing Bull

Warlord
Even one month before the release of "Brave New World", you can see and feel the new, second add-on to Civilization V. For this movie, 2K Games kindly provided us, Civforum.de, with a pre-release version. On the web you will find tons of lecture-like movies that explain the new features, most of them in English. In addition, you now have the chance to watch the extracts of a Let's Play movie of Brave New World - of course in German. This preview contains about ten minutes of self captured video material. Afterwards, Piruparka and me will discuss about the way the new features influence the feeling inside the game and our strategy.

This is a special new version of the not-subtitled video which we published three days ago. We have been astonished and very glad about your very lively interest and your discussion here. Therefore we have created English subtitles for you. I have opened a new thread because you have the possibility to discuss about the complete content now.

Previous German preview with detailed information
German Wiki of Civilization V
German Let's Play of Steampunk-scenario (Civilization V - Gods & Kings)
Homepage Civilization

Music by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Evening Fall - Harp, Ghost Processional, Lone Harvest. Mysterioso March, Private Reflection

2K Games is the copyright holder of any ingame-material shown: Copyright © 2013 2K Games

Thank you Writing Bull! As a niederlander, i tried my best to understand the german but only got about 50% of it, so looking forward to seeing the english subs version :) will watch now!

Thanks for this.

There was something mentioned at the end though which caught me off-guard. It seemed to suggest that you made your own people change their mind about the ideology you had adopted by improving your tourism output. I was under the impression that it was their tourism output versus your culture output when determining how happy your people were with a chosen ideology and not their tourism versus your tourism.

Thanks for this.

There was something mentioned at the end though which caught me off-guard. It seemed to suggest that you made your own people change their mind about the ideology you had adopted by improving your tourism output. I was under the impression that it was their tourism output versus your culture output when determining how happy your people were with a chosen ideology and not their tourism versus your tourism.

That bothered me, too! I guess, Polands culture was low, so offense was the best defense in this case. :confused:

Isn't it so that all tourism-generating things also generate culture? That would solve the riddle.

Vielen Dank!:cool:

I don't have time to watch this before work but I will when I get home tonight.

Thanks for your video!

Can you tell us about the changes made to social policies like Commerce, Piety, Honor, and any other ones?

One thing I noticed is that at 7:06 you have a free amphitheatre. Can you tell us where you got it from?

Oh wow, I feel a little dumb. Always thought Legalism only gave monuments.

It gives you the first available culture building, which once happened I built the Petra in a city but never got the Monument so when I adopted Policy (buildign Amphis to get free OPeras), I ended up getting a free monument (rage quitted of course)

MY GOD CARAVANS ARE SO EXHILARATINGLY MINDBLOWING TO SEND ON THEIR TRIPS :woohoo:

Thanks from me too.
But tranlating "brave new world" to "Schöne neue Welt" ... ouch... read the book please.
(to those who don't understand German they translated it to "beautiful/nice new world")

Top Bottom