[BTS] Let's Play Caveman 2 Cosmos: Shaka of Zulu empire on Nightmare ++

IN THIS VIDEO: We buy and steal technology from India and also annoy them with our little dragonship. Our spies discover more of Europe and Asia, and our warlord prepares to lead our army through the mountains. This in combination with a strong military build-up should prepare us properly to conquer Thebes, this time successfully!... or so we hope. PS: I accidentally pressed esc after 40 min., which stopped the recording. So I release this part (30) and the following part (31) at the same day for your convenience. So please just watch the next video !!

IN THIS VIDEO: We got attacked by assassins again. We have had enough of this and create spy troops, consisting of specialized war dogs and Patrols to detect those criminals and murderers. So far this approach is very successful. Unfortunately, India has a so much stronger fleet that we had to halt our naval ambitions. For now all that our war ships will be doing is to guard our fishing boats. But we will be the masters of the sea, one day ... PS: I had some problems with the microphone, so my voice is very silent. Sorry

That would be great, to have different difficulty level for AI!!
Yeah, I don't know if this is possible without the Flexible Difficulty option... Custom Game just locks out the AI handicap settings.

And you can't change the AI difficulty though the BUG C2C options either, and from what the log says, "AI Turn Increments" seems to be locked to 25 (on Normal game speed only ?)...
though AND2 has made those settings better in their last SVN... not sure if in the GUI too ?
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/and-svn-build-thread.471725/page-91#post-15791632
rev1091

• Fixed Flexible Difficulty/Flexible AI. Difficulty wasn't being changed properly and added some hint in the hover text for suggested frequency used for different gamespeeds. Also min and max AI difficulty can now be set via XML in A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.XML tags DEFAULT_FLEXIBLE_DIFFICULTY_AI_MIN_DIFFICULTY and DEFAULT_FLEXIBLE_DIFFICULTY_AI_MAX_DIFFICULTY

IN THIS VIDEO:
We finished the set up of our Assassin-counter-measures. Also we discover more of Asia and keep constantly increasing our military. Times are good, our economy is growing. However, something is attacking Ramses, could it be the barbarians? The Indians are annoying us with their Pirate ships and for now there is not much that we can do about. On the other hand, we started this cat-and-mouse-tactic, so for them retaliating is just fair.

If any of you by any chance follow my game play and enjoy it... I am already looking for NEW IDEAS for my next game play. Please let me know if you have ideas.

IN THIS VIDEO: Our outriggers discover Iceland, which is settled by English people. We still invest into our assassin defense, and we strengthen our naval forces to check the pirates sent by the Indians. Most of our time we spend spying on the Indians.

Finally, we decide that the entire nation should contribute to the military build up, required to liberate Thebes.

…. and we discover a funny unit, that should be renamed to Fire cracker machine gun

IN THIS VIDEO: Our Assassin trap becomes more effective and we start to catch them regularly. Also we discover, that India indeed has populated most of the islands to its south east. For now there is nothing we can do about this, but this will change eventually. Also, our war preparations are about to be finished and then we will take another swing on Thebes.

IN THIS VIDEO: WOOOOW, I did not see this coming!! The barbarians destroyed the Chinese empire. This is terrible, because China helped to box-in India. Now that they are gone, I am not sure if the barbarians will be able to stop the expansion as effectively. If not, within a very short time, India could become way stronger. This would extremely shift the power-balance, that we so carefully try to maintain. In the meanwhile we have strengthened our naval defenses in the east of Africa and also finished all naval improvements. Currently, we have the upper hand in our Cat and Mouse game with the Indians. Our pirates are blocking the Indian trade routes ,which gives us lots of plunder. I hope they don't mind, as they have a far stronger fleet.

IN THIS VIDEO: Our military build-up is almost complete. Once we are ready we hope to not only take Thebes, but to roll over the entire African continent. Changing the balance of power once and for all in our favor. In the meanwhile we have a kind of cold war with India. We trade with them, but we indirectly damage them as much as we can, just short of having hot war with them. We block their trade routes and pillage their improvements. And they return the favor and send an entire fleet of pirate ship over to us. Also our spies finished the discovery entire map of Europe and Asia.

IN THIS VIDEO: Or cold war with India is in full swing. Unfortunately, we lost our pirate-fleet to their strong navy. While their stealthy pirate ships are destroying our improvements, our navy cannot even locate them. On the other hand, we have completed land-based invasion army!! We are gathering them in Banolas, from where we will start the assault on (...I mean liberation of) Thebes. Stay tuned, it is getting hot again!

IN THIS VIDEO: We made it, our military build up is complete and our army gathered in front of Thebes, ready to liberate Cleopatra’s former subjugates from the Barbarians. We also pacified our eastern coast, and overall the Indians don’t seem to expand that quickly any more, which is reassuring. Also Gandhi established contact between us and the Americans, the Iroquois and the Inca. So now we have diplomatic ties to America, which we use to the fullest, much to our own advantage. Also something funny happened, Hirohito (the Japanese leader) offered us to buy a city ("Wajima") from him. We were in an adventures mood and stupid enough to accept the offer. He fooled us!! Wajima is a very little city extremely far away, somewhere in the neighborhood of New Zealand. This city would have given us only unrest and trouble. So we decided to sell it back to him, and luckily he accepted.

IN THIS VIDEO: We liberated Thebes from the barbarians :), finally. And here we clearly showcase, that splitting your siege equipment into smaller units is a must!! We first tried it without and almost failed again. Also we overtook the English empire an in terms of score we are now number 3 in the world. A place that we are happy with for now,… but not for long. So stay tuned!

IN THIS VIDEO: We are healing our wounds from previous battle and preparing a two-army-attack on Ramses and the other two Egyptian nations. We will eliminate any competition in Africa once and for all! In the meantime we play the good old game “divide and conquer”: We support the weak civilizations by selling them our technology under value or even giving it up for free. This boosts those weaker civilizations and makes it harder for the strong ones to overrun them. All this gives us more time to gain strength. Also we have a good use for the money from this deal: bribing the people of Thebes. They don't yet understand that we are their liberators. Also, we exchange world maps with Gandhi and Washington, which gives us a good overview of the global situation.

Top Bottom