Let's Play Civ V - Japan (Video Walkthrough)

TheMeInTeam

If A implies B...
Hello Forum! I was ninja'd a bit because some of you noticed before I finished uploading :p, but I've finally done a let's play of civ V. Technically, I did one prior to this, but the video quality and audio distortion was shameful. This one is better - if you watch it on 720p you should be able to see it all :).

Anyway, now that I've uploaded all of the videos in the series and properly sorted them into a playlist, I am making an official announcement of the series! The entire thing in 1 playlist can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxpWrUgYdog&feature=&p=0DE889FC444C1D00&index=0&playnext=1

Enjoy!

I wish my boss was not behind my screen ¬¬
:lol::lol:
That and no broadband limitation at work...is that too much to wish for? :(

Cool videos at first glimpse...interesting I got the same map layout as Japan, only flipped.

Ghost horsemen.
Don't worry, they aren't as annoying as tons of ghost workers.
;)

Should have reloaded!

I remember some of your Civ IV vids. They were all diplomacy, but it taught me a lot. I saw those before I knew you were an active member of this forum.

Anyway, nice work.

Apparently, workers are strongly related to the problem.

I found that this LP, though cool, wasn't as interesting as the Civ 4 versions. I got a sense of inevitability from this...it seemed as though you were going to win no matter what, whether you slacked off or stayed on the ball.

hey! kinda off topic, but could you add me as a friend on steam??? i sent an invite :lol: :rolleyes: :D :mischief: :goodjob: :king:

also, i really like ur videos, man. keep them up! you guided me up the ranks in civ 4.

I found that this LP, though cool, wasn't as interesting as the Civ 4 versions. I got a sense of inevitability from this...it seemed as though you were going to win no matter what, whether you slacked off or stayed on the ball.

As the AI is improved with patches and I take on higher difficulties, perhaps these things won't be forgone conclusions. Also note that due to some inexperience and impatience I technically lost my first online LP attempt (washington).

IV had its good points, but one of my BIGGEST hates on that game was luck-based outcomes completely independent of player skill, often decided 100's of turns before you'd know it without looking at the map pre-game in world builder (on a given map for civ IV, I can call the AI winner if human interference were removed with fair consistency, as well as give a reasonable estimate of whether someone will runaway and press high tech or an early VC). I'm not a big fan of some of the ways IV behaved, so this transition is a mixed bag for me...there are things about IV I miss, but PLENTY that I do NOT miss.

hey! kinda off topic, but could you add me as a friend on steam??? i sent an invite

I will accept invites, but do note that my steam account and youtube account share a similar quirk:

TheMelnTeam, not TheMeInTeam.

Subtle difference, with a lowercase L instead of an I for "in". The reason is that I was ninja'd on youtube and apparently steam way back when, meaning I'm not the only (or apparently first) person to use the title - just the guy who's more well known for it :rolleyes:.

Thanks for going to the effort TMIT. It's going to take me ages to download all 16 parts, but I look forward to watching them.

Nice job on these videos! I used to watch your Civ IV vids too. Glad to see you doing some for Civ V. This shows not only the game is addicting to play but even watching it being played can be addicting. :lol:

By the way, regarding video 1, not sure if you eventually worked it out, but you can check some of the game settings by looking in the save or load screens.

Top Bottom