Let's Play: Deity BC Space: Strategies from a 10 year veteran

Launch Precheck

Thrusters:
Hague is cutting it way too close. I think it would even be 1t late. Substituting Constantinople.
5 thrusters: check

Casings:
Canterbury: check
the other 4 are stronger cities :check

Docking Bay
Maastrict: check

Engines:
Cuzco : requires 7t
, so if Fusion is 322, I'm fine.
Right now, the most important thing I can do is not come up a few :science: short on Fusion, therefore: I will officially bulb FiberOptics with the free Physics GS.

Edirne: check, needs all 3 forests and :devil: dirty trick

Stasis
Amsterdam: check

Cockpit + LifeSupport
both in 1 city easily: check

Parts look good, so it appears it all comes down to whether I can get Genetics T328 or 329.
* edit:
now Genetics appears it will easily come in 328. Possibly 327 :eek: I'm not prepared for that.

Last edited:
Turnset 316-329 (Launch!)

Computers

Time for cities to put their Observatory in the queue so it can OF into lab.

One final food for sushi = 41:food:

Super Conductors

prep labs

Wow, turns go really fast when you have no military and no workers. Just need to triple check the space parts each turn

I could have FiberOptics (cockpit) next turn.
DO NOT DO THAT. Obsoletes Kremlin.

Apollo

Cristo Redentor

Fission

This turn will take more time.
Taking Slavery, OR: I'll need to change all the tiles worked with the loss of caste. Then reset everything next turn. :sad:

I would be doing 22,500+ bpt, but I drop out of caste.
Drops down to...
Spoiler :
19,400 bpt

In other words, caste provides about 3,000 bpt.

All 5 thruster cities start. They have 11 turns to finish.

(no tech :dunno:)

This is the final whip turn. Kremlin will be obsolete next turn anyway.

Bulb 15,500+ towards FiberOptics. Again, make sure you don't bulb it to completion (Kremlin lost)

Whipped 2-4 buildings, including Notre Dame, in 10 of my space parts cities.
Back to Caste, FreeReligion. Thx Cristo.

LifeSupportCity will resolve its Lab this turn so it can OF into Cockpit, then eventually Life Support.

Cuzco does the Lab too.

Countdown to Launch! 10....

Casings aren't starting yet and some thrusters will finish early, so I set all of those cities that can spare the hammers to research
This shoots me
over 24,000 bpt for 1 turn (effort to get Fusion early)

Fiber Optics
(cockpit started)

Cuzco puts whipped NotreDame in the queue (give away 3 stone)

Countdown to Launch! 9....

Fusion (start your engines)
Yea, that's right. I did Fusion (43,680) in 1 turn.

I'm still exploring with one last galleon+settler in the south pole, deep in the ice. Found 2 more land tiles, but no metals. I think that was the last land tile unrevealed.

I have a GE. I need to review what my options are. GAge is off the table. I used the GS to bulb part of FiberOptics.

Countdown to Launch! 8....

(last minute house guest, breaking for the day :()

Last edited:
Without going into too much detail, I've decided to stay in STRIKE.
The discussion about switching back to normal is just an exercise. It may be appropriate in some game in the future.

Do I smell sequel :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Countdown is on in case you're not following updates to this post.

Oh boy, I just realized I can squeeze out Fusion another 1t earlier with a little creative research. :think: Doesn't have much effect on anything except starting the engines 1t early.

When countdown starts... Can't help myself to get back to this classical video of good old civ3 Space win...

What are your newest cities called anyway? I know from the few games I've played where I've settled many cities that the capital names from other civs start to appear. Are you going through all city names? :)

What are your newest cities called anyway? I know from the few games I've played where I've settled many cities that the capital names from other civs start to appear. Are you going through all city names? :)
Not running out of names at ~160 cities. In my 10 million score game I had 350-400+ cities. Didn't break the game yet.

countdown continues...

my land is holding comfortably at 72.75/74 the last few turns.
I chop 1 into the cockpit to bring it close to complete. I'll use it for overflow into LifeSupport.

Countdown to Launch! 7....

Satellites

reveals the whole map. No other mining resources exist. Even in unreachable ice-locked locations. :thumbsup:

I spread Mining Inc one last time cus I knew the OF cash was going to be there.

It's already time to start single-use, 'mayfly' workers. It could wait, but I might as well get it done and not forget one.

Countdown to Launch! 6....

some chopping

Countdown to Launch! 5....

Composites (casings)

Countdown to Launch! 4....

Ecology (Life Support)

First space part: Cockpit is complete. Start LifeSupport

Countdown to Launch! 3....

I could have probably gotten Genetics in 1t, but I need to do that and make 30 workers and 16 space parts. It's too late now to change the space parts schedule, so I'm going to let my citizens eat again and coast in on research. I'll be in grow mode til the end of the game: 33 turns. Gotta go thru 161 cities. I won't take that long. I do it every. single. turn anyway.

I end up not needing about 10 chops, but it was nice to have them available.
All parts are now set to complete in 1-2 turns.

:devil: I did have to do one tricky chop.

Edirne, is shown here about to max overflow an IntelAgency (side note: of all the buildings I cut like universities and Oxford, who would have thought I'd have a use for IntelAgency)
Anyway, I need those two 3rd ring forests for my Engine, but Thebes clearly will get the lumber from the chops. The solution is often the solution to many problems in Civ. Gift the city. Thebes' 2nd ring forest can be chopped immediately for Edirne. For the 1st ring, you have to wait til next turn when your culture overtakes that tile again.

Countdown to Launch! 2....

1 casing, 1 thruster, 1 engine complete

Genetics

fastest turn all game. Set Amsterdam to build Stasis
Double check everything completes, and go!

Countdown to Launch! 1....

Last edited:
Awesome! Went away for a long weekend, only to come back and see you've finished (after briefly considering turning the whole empire on its head again :crazyeye: ) Congrats on a great read with lots of game-bending stuff.

210BC launch :king:
I doubt it will ever be beaten. (Settler difficulty doesn't count!)

Just have to defend wherever the capital is now, and avoid tripping Domination or Culture win.

Congratulations! May your win be on the Hall of Fame for a long time!! (Well, at least as long as you don't improve on it yourself... :thumbsup:)

Congrats, I will miss checking in every morning for updates.

Top Bottom