1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's setup the next LP project together

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by buzzdowan, Aug 4, 2012.

1. buzzdowan

buzzdowan Warlord

Hi Viewers!

I am preparing for the next LP project. Before I jump into it, I propose that we setup the game parameters together.

First we have to select the type of special game. I give you two choices:
    • Harder Siamese Twins rev 2. game (This would be first time properly played from start to end. Last time we perfected the rules during the game)
    • Redemption of the capital (Last time it turned into a bizarre game, as no one captured our capital)

Second we have to select the civilization. I give you free choice here, although I would prefer playing someone I haven't tried playing yet.

Third we have to select difficulty level: Emperor or Immortal. (Due to special rules, Immortal is not winnable in every game)

I will set up the game based on the majority votes principle. Let me know what you would like to see.

Cheers Buzzdowan!

2. The Peacekeeper

The Peacekeeper Chieftain

I would like to see a Redemption game as Sweden (they seem to be underrepresented) on Immortal. :goodjob:

3. smallfish

smallfish Immortal

Play as Carthage on Harder Siamese Twins, Immortal Edition!

4. booyachris

booyachris Chieftain

what about a diplomacy game where you can't give city-states gold gifts? Things to consider: liberating a cs should get you the vote, plus the ai can vote for you. Your opponent list could look something like... Atilla, Askia, Austria, Siam, Greece, Mongols, Ethiopia. Maybe not all of them, and emperor would work fine. Your leader choice should be Sweden or Byzantium in my opinion for this game, to give yourself good opportunities to take cs influence.

5. buzzdowan

buzzdowan Warlord

That's an interesting idea. Somehow I tend to avoid diplomacy games, because they seem too cheesy for me, but something in this direction could improve them. To make things a bit more spicy, we throw in a rule stating that a player may not build a UN. I will write down your idea to consider it in the future.

What is your choice as per this poll?

6. booyachris

booyachris Chieftain

for this poll, I would say harder Siamese twins, Ghandi or sweden (haven't seen a lp for them yet), immortal. It might be fun to see you go "tall" for harder Siamese twins.

7. GThreepwood

GThreepwood Chieftain

Another Siamese twins !
    Choose Siam (Siamese twins ;))

8. RedRover57

RedRover57 Emperor

Harder Siamese Twins, Immortal, Sweden, standard pangaea would be my pick.

Maybe in a future game you might try - Holy War

Celts or Ethiopia, standard pangaea, Immortal, domination

Special rules - Not allowed to build or purchase any military units with gold (except scouts, and later, aircraft). Must purchase all other military units with Faith. Even on Immortal, Celts or Ethiopia should be able to pick up that belief (I rarely see it picked by the AI early). Obviously, the early game will be devoted to Faith generation until a suitable army has been accumulated.

9. buzzdowan

buzzdowan Warlord

Hi,

Currently it looks like you want to see

Harder Siamese Twins with Sweden on Immortal level.

I will leave the poll open for a few days, and we will see if it changes anything...

10. kuukeri

kuukeri Chieftain

Either is fine with me, but i agree on the Sweden part, would be nice to see LP with them.

11. 19Mellon73

19Mellon73 Chieftain

Hi buzzdowan, my vote: harder siamese twins, immortal (we do not want to see you win, we want to see you play :) )

and I'd gone for my neighbors the Dutch or our both neighbors the Austrians, but if I look at the other votes I think I have to take the ferry to cross the baltic sea to Sweden.
    So Rostock - Göteborg Ferry here I come...:goodjob:

12. buzzdowan

buzzdowan Warlord

Hi Mellon,

I wanted to see your vote on this. Yeey, another vote for Sweden on Immortal. I will try to record the first video during this weekend. This time I will definitely need some good advice from experienced players like you :king:

Already looking forward to this experiment :high5:

13. UkraineNotPuny

UkraineNotPuny Chieftain

Can't wait for this series. Love watching your LP's. In an unrelated question...i cannot for the life of me pin down your accent! :confused:

14. buzzdowan

buzzdowan Warlord

If by "pinning down an accent" you mean where I come from, then I can tell you that I live in Slovenia, a small county on the sunny side of Alps. :mischief: In Civ terms, Maria Theresa was ruling our lands as well as the ancestors of Bismarck before her, not to mention Napolen, who was pretty much all around Europe in his time. Probably all these people (and more) influenced my accent, that's why it is so wacky, anyway I wish you lots of fun following my LPs.

15. buzzdowan

buzzdowan Warlord

Hi Viewers!

Thank you for your suggestions what to play next. The choice you made is

Harder Siamese Twins with Sweden on Immortal level.

The first video is coming in a few hours today. See you on my channel!

16. 19Mellon73

19Mellon73 Chieftain

17. buzzdowan

buzzdowan Warlord