Leugi's Israel for VP

Discussion in 'Mods Repository' started by pineappledan, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un The One & Unly Supporter

I purposefully had them as an AI in my current game and they didn't fare too well. They went authority and were out-founded by myself and a couple other non-religious civs. The only plus for them was Inuit (who've performed horribly 2 games in a row now for AI...) being sandwiched alongside Songhai, so they cooperated for the first half of the game to wipe him out. Askia reaped almost all the benefit, and it was a short while before his religious pressure and missionary spread eroded any religious gains from David. He ended up voluntarily vassalizing to Askia, and now I've got a monster Songhai to repel for the remaining 100 turns.

I used Israel months ago, and won a CV game on King, but there's been so many tweaks over that time so I'd have to play them again before coming to any conclusions myself.

2. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

I’ve had Israel in a number of my games and I’ve never seen them on top of the pile, or seriously contend with me, but that is true of a lot of civs as well, so I didn’t think much of it. I just played 100 turns on the newest version as Israel and got put over a barrel by the Inca.

3. Drakle

Drakle King

@pineappledan One small suggestion. Maybe adjust the faith on barbarian camps down a tad, and add some Great General Points on clearing it. So Israel can get an early Shophet by clearing a few + city-state quests to do so, without having to always get into an early war.

Or another Idea is that faith purchases would grant a small amount of GG points, including spawned Great Prophets. The Biblical Judges are all tied up in religion, so having that mechanic have a bit of crossover could be good. Not sure what a good ratio would be, but Israel shouldn't be drowning in them, but a few would be decent. Maybe not even all faith purchases, but maybe just some GG points as each stage of religion, ie Pantheon, Founding, Enhancing, reformation. 4 triggers, maybe adding up in total to like Two Shophets. Hardly world shaking, but something.

Or the easiest, which is to just slightly reduce the yields of Solomon's Temple, but have it grant a free Shophet.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  4. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

I kinda like the GGPoints on encampment clear idea. Very Joshua/Judges. The tie-in with the 4UC stuff needs to be circumstantial , and stand on its own thematically, but I think there is at least some merit to it standing on its own, and it gives Israel at least a tiny edge on generating 1 type of GP. I don't think the faith would need to be lowered

5. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

Just finished a new game with Israel. King, Standard speed and map size, continents
    Spoiler :
    upload_2020-9-6_20-34-11.png

34 policies by the end. We ran out of GWriters fairly quick, only in Modern.
    I went Tradition -> Artistry -> Rationalism -> Freedom

New balance changes in this version:
    • Beit Hamikdash back up to 6:c5faith:3:c5culture:3:c5gold:, up from 5:c5faith:3:c5culture:1:c5gold:
    • Theming bonus increased from 8 to 10 on Beit Hamikdash
    • Clearing Encampments gives 40:c5faith:faith and :c5capital:GGPoints
    I lucked out on the start, because there was a huge swathe of land that filled in with barbarians very quickly. The 25% bonus vs barbarians came in very handy; I got 2 GGenerals from barb camps before ever going to war. I probably could have gone Authority and had an even stronger early game and gone for more of a domination type, but I was deliberately trying to play a passive game to test the raw GP potential.

I'll push this new version tomorrow and see how people like it

Kim Dong Un likes this.
  6. General_Drax

General_Drax Warlord

On my games I put Israel, Shoshone and Maya out. Israel because AI is very dumb playing it, Shoshone and Maya due to no Ancient ruins.

Anyway as Player, Israel feels unique to play and quite powerful.

7. Denn

Denn Chieftain

Reporting a bug here. Both oracle and Gganja( wonder from more wonders) dont add free temple with israel when the wonder is built

8. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

9. LifeOfBrian

LifeOfBrian King

Dan, in the first post of the thread it's written: "Note: Free temples from Oracle are added normally", so maybe that should be changed to be accurate?

10. Denn

Denn Chieftain

But the civ desciption says oracle builds temple notmally. You made a recent change on that?

11. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

OP edited.

the civ is fully integrated into DLL. This exception was removed when that happened. This would have been about a year ago

12. WhimsicalCotton

WhimsicalCotton Chieftain

Is this no longer compatible with 4uc?

13. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

14. Hokiefan00

Hokiefan00 Chieftain Supporter

EDIT: I had an old version. Please disregard. I will check to see if this fixes my issue.

After building my first Maccabee is not getting the Cover I and Guerilla promotions.
    Spoiler Maccabee :

upload_2021-5-20_9-0-20.png

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  15. Gamezoid123

Gamezoid123 Chieftain

Hey, I've got this mod installed, but the 3rd and 4th UCs don't show up. Do I need to enable them somehow?

Attached Files:

16. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

@Hokiefan00 I also notice you aren't getting the UA Promised Land promotion.

@Gamezoid123 alter your .modinfo file, save, and reload

I'm not having any problems with the extra UCs showing up, or anything like that in my local install, btw

17. Gamezoid123

Gamezoid123 Chieftain

@pineappledan Hmm, I set the import values in the .modinfo file to 1, but nothing changed. Additionally, I wasn't certain what lines to enable, and I have all the mods that relate to them so I enabled them all. Any thoughts?

18. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

19. Hokiefan00

Hokiefan00 Chieftain Supporter

Thanks for your response. It's amazing how many ills a fresh install will cure. My issues were totally due to that.

20. Gamezoid123

Gamezoid123 Chieftain

Alright, redownloaded, reinstalled, still nothing. To be fair, I have a fat list of enabled mods. Could it be conflicting with another one?