1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Leugi's Israel for VP

Discussion in 'Mods Repository' started by pineappledan, Apr 5, 2018.

1. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

2. WhimsicalCotton

WhimsicalCotton Chieftain

Experiencing the same with the leader scenes having no text and options with them.

3. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

Small text update inbound.

NOTE: This update did not fix whatever error is occuring in other people's games, because I have not been able to reproduce whatever bug you are reporting. Please make sure that VP and Israel mods are up to date, and you have the latest version of 4UC, if you are playing with that. If you are playing with any other mods, please list them. I cannot do anything to fix the problems that are occuring if you don't post any images, any logs, any mod lists, and I haven't experienced the same issues.

4. hokath

hokath King

Some thoughts:
    1) Guerilla Fighter is monstrous. I was lucky to get 6 iron in my first 2 cities and made that number of Mackybois. Before long I was being accused of ushering in a new dark age :D
    2) I seem to experience a bug whereby when I am sieging a city with a Sophet, at some point every attack I make against it triggers the GPP boost. I think this might be triggered by the unit in the city dying to the pillium type effect on that turn. I don't know if anyone else is seeing this?
    3) I still don't like the UA, so I've been messing around with the UA to use HungryForFood's newly implemented trait table. Seeing about Holy Sites giving cities/capital yields. I know you're working on custom civs a lot pineapple, so this tech might be of interest to you generally if not here: https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/pull/4346

5. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

I agree completely. I had a similar result in my latest game. The next version of the Maccabee is going to replace Guerilla Fighter with Hasmonean Guerilla:
    Hasmonean Guerilla
    +25% Flanking bonus
    +25% vs wounded
    Ignores terrain
    +5 when healing in friendly territory

So basically a 1/2 strength guerrilla fighter. It keeps the ignoring terrain, but drops ZOC
    I'm dropping the Shofar promotion, since it never seemed to work propoerly. I'm a bit confused by your bug, if a unit is dying in the city then it is working as intended.
    I'm actually looking into using that for a Khmer empire trait. Specifically, replacing the bonuses on internal trade routes on the Royal Tromeak with a production bonus in each city

For now, I'm more or less happy with yields on the actual tiles, rather than them being buried in the city UA. It helps differentiate this civ from JFK. JFK was changed because his build didn’t really feel ‘wide’, but Israel is a tall/thick, so it works here. I also don't want to overly stress holy sites as a component of the Israelite UA.
    - Many Israelite holy sites and shrines were constructed (see Genesis and Exodus for some prime examples), but during the Monarchical period, which the leader and 1st UC are meant to stress (1st Samuel to 2 Chronicles), you can see there was a major emphasis on derogating from that tradition (destroying the Asherah poles and high places) in favor of worship at the temple. The state tried to emphasize its monopoly on access to God.
    - The two bonuses, GP tile bonuses and GW bonuses are meant to reflect the cultural and theological importance of Jewish literature and psalms in western thought (The bible, which includes the Tanakh, is the single most reproduced book in the history of the world), but also emphasize the disproportionate number of scientists, merchants, philosophers and great people which the Jewish Diaspora has produced. Einstein, Bohr, Spinoza, Freud, Maimonedes, Marx, Kafka, Mendehlson, Jesus, etc.

So with that, the 4 UCs and the traits cover
    The conquest of Canaan (promised land unique promotion)
    The time of Judges (Shofet)
    The Kingdom of Israel (David, Temple of Solomon)
    The Babylonian exile (GW bonus, since that is when most of the Tanakh was compiled)
    The Maccabean revolt/Hasmonean dynasty (Maccabee)
    The Jewish Diaspora (GP Tiles bonus)
    Mandate Palestine (Kibbutz)
    And the closest we come to the modern state of Israel (icky...) is maybe the colour scheme, but the blue and white colours have their origin in biblical references (book of Numbers)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    maptap likes this.
  6. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

Update is live

Shofar removed from Shofet
    Guerilla fighter replaced with 'Hasmonean Guerilla' on Maccabee. the new promotion is exactly 1/2 as powerful as Guerilla fighter
    lua fix for kibbutz

Hinin and CppMaster like this.
  7. JNZS13

JNZS13 Warlord

Using 6/14 EUI version, plus Israel for VP, i had these interface errors.

Attached Files:

8. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

... crap... Work is never over... I haven't tried booting up the game with the 6/14 patch yet

This looks like a mod conflict of some sort, since Israel doesn't touch any of the things which seem to be glitching in your game. Can you post a list of mods please?

9. CppMaster

CppMaster King

I had similar issues earlier with just 4UC mod.

10. JNZS13

JNZS13 Warlord

VP 6/14 EUI and Israel, only.
    Logs attached.

Attached Files:

11. CppMaster

CppMaster King

Could you try reinstall Vox Populi and this Israel mod? This may sound weird, but maybe you have a mod conflict that prevent this bug.

12. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

13. JNZS13

JNZS13 Warlord

Thanks for the update!

14. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

New update for both the base and 4UC compatible versions. All-in-all, I made a slight buff to Israel:

Changelog:
    Code:
    Balance Changes:
    Israel was not having as easy a time founding as I thought.
    UA
      - Increased faith on barbarian camp clear to 40

Temple of Solomon
      - Removed free temple
      - Increased religious pressure on ToS to 100%
      - Changed reduction of religious unrest to Global
      - Increased Instant faith on construction of the ToS to 250

The Shophet was lackluster and its bonuses were not noticeable. I found myself bulbing them immediately for the citadels which were boosted by the UA
      - Added "Judge of Israel" - Each shophet generates 2 culture and 1 faith every turn (removes angst from not taking advantage of the UA if you are just keeping a GG on hand)
      - increased the GPPs to 1.5x unit strength, up from 1

optimization:
    removed some lua that could be simplified by removal of temple from the ToS
    cleared all lua, SQL and XML which was exclusively for use in the 4UC version (non-4UC compatibility is sleeker)

adan_eslavo likes this.
  15. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

• When I checked Israel there was no voice of David when I met this civ. Intented or did I messed smth?
    • Is it possible to put good quality but static picture of David and better quality Eannatum? Do you have some? Both do poor impression. Rest of art, pictures are great.
    • Did you ask @Asterix Rage if it was eager to make custom icons for Sumer, Israel and Garamantes?
    • What CSs are put instead of Israel, Papal States and Sumer? They are now major civs.
    • I noticed that Garamantes and Papal States are not updated by you, so they are probably outdated, right?
    • Sumer throws error in database.log with Mingghan if you do not enable MUCfVP mod.
    Errors:
    • from Israel:
    Code:
    no such table: MinorCiv_YagemStartPosition
    • from Sumer:
    Code:
    near "'YIELD_FAITH'": syntax error
    • from Garamantes:
    Code:
    near "(": syntax error

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  16. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

Intended. There are no voice files for David, and I don't speak Hebrew so that's not likely to change.
    Seeing as these are Tomatekh and Leugi's mods and it's their art files, I don't think that would be possible, no. I'm not an artist, but I don't see anything particularly wrong with their work. There are also very few custom leaders in civ with animations (David uses a reskinned Darius model). I think it's great that the mod has a moving model.
    No, I didn't.
    Sumer has 2 unique promotions, both on the vulture
    Israel has 6 unique promotions, 1 on the UA, 1 on the Macabee, and 4 on the Shofet.
    It's a pretty tall order, and I don't want to seem pushy. I'm sure Asterix could find more valuable ways to use his time than to make small improvements there.
    If I were to get some help with these mods, my main concern is getting them compatible with E&D for VP
    Israel replaces Jerusalem with Balkh
    Sumer replaces Ur with Skara Brae
    Timur is going to replace Samarkand with Muscat
    Papal States definitely is. I don't think any of the recent changes affect Garamantes, and Hokath released that very recently.
    I'll have to release a ninja-edit to both Sumer and Israel.
    I forgot to remove the mingghan promotion from Sumer when I was testing that from before
    I failed to see a bug in Israel's 4UC lua before pushing the update.

MinorCiv_YagemStartPosition is a custom table for YNAEMP compatibility. If you do not use YNAEMP, I think an error is expected there
    I can't find the syntax error in my own logs for Sumer. can you give me the exact line and file it is contained in?
    Garamantes error: @hokath

adan_eslavo likes this.
  17. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

If it was so easy... :p I found that it is Sumer cause by disabling mods one-by-one. You can verify that. Unfortunately looking for such errors is like wild-goose chase.

18. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

I'm debating pushing the Solomon's temple down to Construction, lowering the faith on construction back to 200:c5faith:, and removing the gold on GP expend
    • It would make securing a religion even more definite for Israel
    • I have found teching up as Israel quite difficult, because masonry is on the opposite side of the tree from all the exploration and science stuff, but it's a lot of techs
    • The civ could stand to be further compensated for the loss of that free temple
    • It would put more distance between the Macabee and the temple on the tech tree, while also making the ToS a prereq tech for Macabee, making their tech progression more elegant.
    • It makes more sense for IRL Israel, which consecrated the first temple in 900 BC.
    I am somewhat reluctant to do this, because it would mean pushing a wonder 3 tech levels forward, a full 1 1/2 eras, from Medieval to Ancient.
    Thoughts?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  19. Golan v

Golan v Warlord

is there any chance to make it for civ 6 ?

20. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity