1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

level 1 citys allways razed??

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Vietcong, Jul 21, 2003.

1. Vietcong

Vietcong Deity

every time i get to a level 1 city its ALLWAYS razed when i take them over! y?? the the pop. just leave or sometinhg?? if it was me i whold make them stay and if thay tryed to run off i whold kill some of ther kids to "motivate" them to stay!!

2. rangers85

rangers85 Official Thread Killer

A Pop 1 city with no culture will be automatically razed. Therefore a city either needs a Pop of 2 or has some culture (I think it has to have reached the first expansion level) to not be razed.

3. Vietcong

Vietcong Deity

y is that?

4. Beanzy

Beanzy Prince

Because, every time a nation conquers a tiny little city like that, the detrimental effects on the town that go into a successful siege would be enough to make such a tiny town unlivable for its tiny population. The mere action of a hostile army riding through a town like that could very well destroy it.

5. timberwoolf

timberwoolf Warlord

Beanzy- I don't agree with you.
    I think that is wrong that the sityes are automaticaly raized!!!
    Don't forget that 1 is like 10000 people and in the encient world( 400bc lets say it was pretty big sity.

6. Beanzy

Beanzy Prince

10,000? I assumed it was closer to something like 8,000, about the size of my town. And I'm sure if a group of tanks rolled through here, shelling troops barricaded in the hills of the city, our little town would get pretty beat up. Maybe not destroyed, but at least it adds another aspect to the game.

7. Vietcong

Vietcong Deity

i dont like it.. i wont the towns to live! :(

8. superslug

superslug Still hatin' on Khan Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Does anyone know if autoraze is editable? (Someday I'm going to have to dive into that beast of a program myself...)

9. Stapel

Stapel FIAT 850 coupé

Correct! A size one city with a cultural building will also get razed automatically when it hasn't reached the first expanasion level yet.