level 1 citys allways razed??

Vietcong

Deity
every time i get to a level 1 city its ALLWAYS razed when i take them over! y?? the the pop. just leave or sometinhg?? if it was me i whold make them stay and if thay tryed to run off i whold kill some of ther kids to "motivate" them to stay!!

A Pop 1 city with no culture will be automatically razed. Therefore a city either needs a Pop of 2 or has some culture (I think it has to have reached the first expansion level) to not be razed.

y is that?

Because, every time a nation conquers a tiny little city like that, the detrimental effects on the town that go into a successful siege would be enough to make such a tiny town unlivable for its tiny population. The mere action of a hostile army riding through a town like that could very well destroy it.

Beanzy- I don't agree with you.
I think that is wrong that the sityes are automaticaly raized!!!
Don't forget that 1 is like 10000 people and in the encient world( 400bc lets say it was pretty big sity.

10,000? I assumed it was closer to something like 8,000, about the size of my town. And I'm sure if a group of tanks rolled through here, shelling troops barricaded in the hills of the city, our little town would get pretty beat up. Maybe not destroyed, but at least it adds another aspect to the game.

i dont like it.. i wont the towns to live! :(

Does anyone know if autoraze is editable? (Someday I'm going to have to dive into that beast of a program myself...)

Originally posted by rangers85
A Pop 1 city with no culture will be automatically razed. Therefore a city either needs a Pop of 2 or has some culture (I think it has to have reached the first expansion level) to not be razed.

Correct! A size one city with a cultural building will also get razed automatically when it hasn't reached the first expanasion level yet.

Top Bottom