Leveraging Vassalage VIII - Boudica, Mother of Tokugawa

Nicely handled again. How was the counterattack following the DoW or is that meant for an expanded version of 1846 AD to 1872 AD?

Thanks...let me explain.

In short, there was no counterattack from Hannibal. The initial surprise attack used most of our starting arsenal of 36 ICBMs and 23 Tactical Nukes, leaving only 16 ICBMs and 2 Tactical Nukes on the next turn.

Because Hannibal lost so many units on the 1st turn of the war, he immediately went into defensive mode, pooling together all the units he could just to defend his remaining cities. Since they were scattered, this kind of defensive strategy becomes highly inefficient at this point. So not only was his army size drastically reduced on the 1st turn, but the per-unit efficiency was also greatly reduced as well.

This second game featured a nuclear war that went by far quicker than the first game. The reason for the slower war in the first game was that I was on receiving end of the DOW by Suryavarman, if you recall. Thus, there was no time for preparation in the first game. If I had proper time for preparation, it probably would have been wise to go for Flight before shutting off research, as the impact of Paratroopers and Airports would have been significant.

Top Bottom