1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Lexicus vs Arakhor

Discussion in 'Infraction Review' started by ori, Oct 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

Lexicus appeals this warning. Permission for publication of messages was given.

2. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

The distinction Lexicus tries to draw between "things civver says" and civver himself is meaningless hair-splitting in this case, because the post by no means attempts to distinguish between an analysis of civver's posts and their potential meaning, and a reflection on civver's character.

Moreover, the post's literal meaning is that civver's post is 'based on' 'Jew-hatred', not that it merely 'contains' 'Jew-hatred', which could conceivably be an argument made which does not impugn a poster's character.

I vote to uphold.

3. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

4. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

I do understand Camikaze's point, though it seems to me that the comment was about the opinion not the poster. I'm voting to overturn the infraction.

5. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

I won't vote on this one and am now closing it out - this took longer than usual mostly due to unforseeable absences by me. It is 2-1 to uphold the infraction.

Moderator Action: published without edits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.