[RD] LGBTQ news

That wasn't my point, but I didn't spell it right out, so maybe that was my fault. I used Justino and Maines as examples of why women - cis or trans - shouldn't have to pass some kind of "femininity test", because not all women choose to conform with the narrow norms for what a woman is and can be*. I was also deliberately poking the bigots in the eye with photos of a cis-woman who doesn't meet the narrow norms and a trans-woman who does. My post wasn't about who could beat whom in a fight, but since you took it in that direction, I decided to play along and posted the photos of Dern and Viana to demonstrate that, no, you actually can't tell that Cyborg could beat Maines just by looking at them. In fact, we can't tell much about either one of them, just by looking at them. And anyway, Maines is a fighter, just not an athletic one.

*Thinking about this some more, all of us benefit, directly or indirectly, from women pushing back against the restrictive norms of who a woman is and what she can do. In the case of those two, as a fan of MMA and of television shows, I get to enjoy Cyborg and Maines plying their respective crafts, no thanks to the dolts who want them to stay in their respective lanes.

Caster Semenya is another example of a woman who has been persecuted because the body she was born with doesn't fit the narrow norms.

Speak for yourself. Arakhor's post seems to imply he knows what I was thinking.
That doesn't mean he actually read your mind. It just means he read something in your post you apparently didn't intend. Maybe you should phrase your posts better, so there's less apparent ambiguity? Up to you.

Quite frankly, anyone who uses deliberately ambiguous (and loaded) terms such as "ultra-woke" without any further clarification almost demands to have their words framed in the eye of the beholder.

There was nothing in my post to support any reading that I was implying
the implications of mind reading devices only applied to the ultra-woke.

It's what you didn't say that implied it, though.

Let us consider the practicalities of choice and actions.

The number of things one might choose from to include in reply to a thread here is infinite.

But in practice there is no choice to consider include everything because considering
each of the infinite is impossible in our lifetimes.

So to imply I have not chosen to include anything is meaningless.

Unable to find fault with what I have said here, the ultra-woke is making
allegations of what I think and trying to find fault with what I have not said.

See, now you are reading into what I said, apparently because I said that you were being ambiguous. Just a touch hypocritical, wouldn't you say?

Annet Negesa has had it a whole lot worse.

Its an attitude of we have a definition of what sex and gender are, anyone who doesn't fit within it doesn't mean the definition is wrong, it means the person is.

Unable to find fault with what I have said here, the ultra-woke is making
allegations of what I think and trying to find fault with what I have not said.
If you think the people here are "ultra-woke", I heartily recommend logging off for the day. Not even I'm close to that mythical label :D

I wouldn't say you are, but some here are closer to that than you :)
Nah, I just don't get angry as easily, because these things don't often affect me directly. I have the privilege of being able to discuss things because they don't pertain to my livelihood, personal safety, perception in greater society, etc. That doesn't mean my beliefs are any less progressive.

Trust me though, I know people that are inarguably "ultra woke" (not that I mean it specifically as negatively as Edward always does, I'm simply placing it on a simplified line between "woke" and whatever the opposite is called). And they're far more out there than nearly any of the opinions espoused here.

What exactly is the significance of your new avatar's polycolor?

It's my old Dremora avatar set against the ace flag. I thought I'd make the effort for Pride Month.

Oh boy, yet another page straight of, "this is what you mean" instead of "what do you mean," complete with, I think, one Englishman saying "learn to speak" to another one.

Perfect. :lol:

I have to go watch some rain in Spain fall mostly on the plain. Audrey is hawt.

Top Bottom