[RD] LGBTQ news

How can you have a "randomised control trial" for sex reassignment surgery??

quite easily. all you have to do is completely abandon ethics, grab the sample populations you need, and start doing surgeries.

(i'm not actually suggesting this btw, sometimes people here seem to get the wrong idea).

Can we not pretend like these people have the principle of good science on their side? Thanks.

roughly as well as we can not pretend anybody here does in most cases.

how many times have we seen similar rationale/data from the government (or worse) taken as gospel/given as evidence? a certain thread about a certain disease comes to mind, where it apparently stopped being kosher to use a word even though the government itself used that word in that context.

when one agrees with the government's statement, it's "evidence". when one doesn't, apparently the state not insuring something is literally attacking people or something and somehow not meeting exactly the evidential burden that was perfectly fine when talking about the other topic which was more agreeable.

again, i state that in general, "trust the government" is bad default practice. and when you allow for bad process for things you agree with, that process can and inevitably will result in outcomes you disagree with using the same standards. that's why bad process is bad.

Moderator Action: Please no trolling.

Last edited by a moderator:
again, i state that in general, "trust the government" is bad default practice.
It is way better than trusting individual idiots who have a knack for getting local attention.

It is way better than trusting individual idiots who have a knack for getting local attention.

depends to what extent one acts on said trust.

random idiots don't seem to inform what happens nearly as reliably as government policy. and when it comes to "telling the big lie often enough that people believe it", so to speak, it's usually not the random idiot who manages to tell that lie frequently and loudly enough.

Republicans/Conservatives want to enforce a literal genocide on trans people, force them to detransition, deny their existence and remove their rights to the point where we are all in the closet

When random idiots go on murderous rampages targeting certain marginalized groups, they often leave behind manifestos citing other random idiots who lie frequently about the marginalized groups the shooter is targeting.
When politicians vote for policies that single out specific marginalized groups for discriminatory treatment, they often bring in random idiots who lie frequently about the marginalized groups to lie in hearings so as to convince other politicians to support their proposed policy changes.

It is very easy to feel that random idiots lying is not a broad concern when your existence is not a massive political football that rests on a knife's edge between life and death that will teeter into the death column the instant your erstwhile political allies deem it too politically risky to continue publicly supporting you.

Last edited:
I had thought the "LGB Alliance" was a group of transphobic gay people, but it kind of seems they are just run of the mill bigots. Just a reminder, despite what the UK government may say, monkeypox is no more an STD that smallpox.

LGB Alliance ‘insults’ gay men with call to shut venues over monkeypox

Controversial group the LGB Alliance has been accused of homophobia for demanding for the “urgent closure” of strip clubs, saunas and other gay businesses over the monkeypox outbreak.

Ahead of Pride month, which begins tomorrow [article dated 31st May], the group’s statement on Twitter read: "Monkeypox is spreading and gay and bisexual men have been affected disproportionately. That’s why we are calling on all commercial sex venues, such as saunas, leather/fetish bars and clubs with dark rooms to be closed for a month.”​

They're clearly morphing into a "pick-me" mentality, desperate for approval from the right-wing types who would normally shun them for being queer in the first place.

I'm scared about the rising homophobia and transphobia we're seeing across America; people are going to get killed at this rate and as usual the libertarians and liberals in power say nothing and offer nothing but support for those who wish to hurt us and make us stop existing

I'm scared about the rising homophobia and transphobia we're seeing across America; people are going to get killed at this rate and as usual the libertarians and liberals in power say nothing and offer nothing but support for those who wish to hurt us and make us stop existing

Yeah, my local Pink Pistols group is expanding rather rapidly.

I don't know I'd call it a rising tide as many broad trends are still looking good, so long as you take a 10 year view. Whats bad is that the 500 page unhinged manifesto writers who'd have been lone wolves in the 1980s are now able to find each other on social media and form self assembling and self radicalizing cells. Those are going to be resilient.

Good general trends are no comfort to anyone in the locality of a cluster though. I'm also very concerned about where the anti-vax people are going to be pipelined to next. Thats a big clump of crazy that some clout chasers are going to try to ride.

I don't know I'd call it a rising tide as many broad trends are still looking good, so long as you take a 10 year view. Whats bad is that the 500 page unhinged manifesto writers who'd have been lone wolves in the 1980s are now able to find each other on social media and form self assembling and self radicalizing cells. Those are going to be resilient.

Good general trends are no comfort to anyone in the locality of a cluster though. I'm also very concerned about where the anti-vax people are going to be pipelined to next. Thats a big clump of crazy that some clout chasers are going to try to ride.

States are literally forcing trans people to detransition

It's actually worse than it was before man

They're clearly morphing into a "pick-me" mentality, desperate for approval from the right-wing types who would normally shun them for being queer in the first place.
I see them as something like the opposite of that: right-wing types behind a thin front of social liberalism that they use to appeal to conservatives who think they're tolerant. Then it's a matter of narrowing down what (but not explicitly whom) deserves tolerance.

It's not often I agree with Cloud_Strife, but, yeah. I'm happy with the 10yr trends, but if this was a stock market, it'd be a crash. Sure the whackjobs are empowered and networking, but red state governments are actively trying to make it more difficult to be transgender, and there's some loud voices tying being trans to pedophilia and grooming minors. And unlike with social issues like BLM or even gay rights, there is an interaction with kids, so it's difficult to refute with people that think it's a choice in the first place, and makes "protect the children" a viable rallying cry.

Not kidding about Pink Pistols. I'm working on starting to carry every day, everywhere (notably including Pride events) vs my previous "every few months if I'm nervous about a destination", even though my rapidly changing wardrobe is making concealed carry substantially more difficult.

Last edited:
Here's prominent journalist and Economist executive editor Helen Joyce, whose 2021 transphobic book got glowing reviews in the Telegraph, The Times, and The New York Times explicitly advocating for a genocide of trans people:

FUcIU4uWAAAqWMq.jpg

It is not alarmist to say that things are getting pronouncedly worse. The rhetoric is getting more brazen and more explicit in its aims.

Last edited:
What a vile women.

> I mean I know that sounds heartless. I'm trying to say the opposite of sounding heartless.

When you try to say what you want to say while trying to sound the opposite of heartless, but you are clearly aware you sound heartless anyway, that is a really good sign that what you are saying is inherently heartless.

There's definitely rise in amped up anti-trans fascists who feel comfortable expressing outright eliminationist views right now. Especially in the UK and now the US, it has become less and less coded and more radical.

Aye. Even going back 4-5 years, while I won't say that the general feeling was pro-trans, I didn't see that much actively anti-trans material - I certainly wasn't going looking for it, so I'm sure there was a decent amount out there, but it wasn't all over the mainstream. These day, there's no possible way to doubt that we are indeed TERF Island.

These people literally don't want us to exist

Does it take us literally dying for cis people to notice and care?

Last edited:
I'm also very concerned about where the anti-vax people are going to be pipelined to next. Thats a big clump of crazy that some clout chasers are going to try to ride.
Aye. Even going back 4-5 years, while I won't say that the general feeling was pro-trans, I didn't see that much actively anti-trans material - I certainly wasn't going looking for it, so I'm sure there was a decent amount out there, but it wasn't all over the mainstream. These day, there's no possible way to doubt that we are indeed TERF Island.
If previously the trend where Gamergaters and Anti-SJW/Woke been picked up by Trump and fallen into the Alt-Right rabbit hole. It’s likely the same for the Anti-Covid Vax people (Anti-Vaxers existed prior to Covid to my knowledge). I know some have been largely disillusioned by the lack of promises to “pwn the leftists and pink haired SJWs” and “take back their gaming and entertainment” and/or stopped caring what the crazies on Twitter say (Or any multitude of pathways of de-radicalization Innuendo Studio's How to Radicalize a Normie lays out).

I can point out before Gamergate, before Trump even thought of running for office. I myself did not see any did not see any active anti-trans material, let alone any kind of anti-SJW content. I'm sure there were back in the past. The Westburo Baptist Church is one notable example that comes to mind though it's much more broader as they hate anyone within the LGBT community, but they're ether typically laughed at by most of the general population, lampooned and parodied, and/or drowned out by counter-protesters. I did not noticed any uptick in anti-trans material in the span of about six years, then again I was blinded by rage bait and multitude of anti-SJW content on YouTube so it's likely that bits of it were added into the content mix made by anti-SJW/Woke content creators for people to uptick on the rage and anger and let the algorithm takes it's course.

Sure the whackjobs are empowered and networking, but red state governments are actively trying to make it more difficult to be transgender, and there's some loud voices tying being trans to pedophilia and grooming minors. And unlike with social issues like BLM or even gay rights, there is an interaction with kids, so it's difficult to refute with people that think it's a choice in the first place, and makes "protect the children" a viable rallying cry.
This may be anecdotal, but that was the moment the fog started to get lifted for me (not to mention the Buffalo Shooting incident became, sort of like my Charlottesville moment) in terms of the shifting sands of the Culture War. When the right started clamoring about “think of the children” and calling the LGBT community groomers, my initial thought was “but what about the pink haired SJW ruining gaming and entertainment?”. But all they could offer was “they are grooming our kids!! We don’t care about your silly video games and Star Wars!!”. I started to question the rhetoric behind the "Think of the Children!" and slowly concluded that it's recycled gay bashing of the 80s and 90s. I still remember hearing Knowing Better describing in his YouTube video that "Trans bathroom paranoia is just recycled gay paranoia. Which itself is recycled anti-black propaganda. We've seen this movie before, we know how it ends".

Top Bottom