[LH] George S. Patton

dutchking

Deity
I thought my other thread was getting a bit crowded and I like this LH a lot. :D
DOWNLOAD
Some credit goes to Gaius Octavius, whom I made this for.

HOO WAA.
If you use em' in a mod, give me the credit!

spectacular! and i like the background, looks like he just relieved bastonge!

Thank you, Thank you. *bows :D
And I also forgot, I would not have been able to make this without Bernie or C.Roland, big thanks to them too. :)

And also Gaius has XML for this so another version will be coming soon. (after he gets online :p )

Yes, yes, I know... :p I've got about half a dozen people currently asking me to finish mods, from Rhye to cybrxkhan. I promise I shall do this as soon as it can be done, probably sometime by next week. I have to express my utter shock at the quality of this leaderhead; when DK pm'd it to me the other day, my jaw literally dropped. :goodjob:

spectacular! and i like the background, looks like he just relieved bastonge!

Funny that you should mention that. The snowy background in the screenshot is a picture I took from the movie "Patton" production library, so while it is not actually from the Battle of the Bulge, it is supposed to represent it. :D

Not only do I have the basic XML done, but I have the pedia description, unique diplomacy text (with several colorful statements of the late, great George) and three different diplomacy music tracks. And, as you all know (or you should!), this is going in the updated American Leaders mod, where we will convert everything to 3D. :D

Oh yeah... "Dutchking, 30 years from now, when you're sitting around your fireside, with your grandson on your knee, and he asks you, 'What did you do with the great BtS?' you won't have to say, 'Well... I shoveled spam in the Civ 3 forums.' No, sir, you can look him straight in the eye and say, 'Son, your Granddaddy played as the Great Third Army and a Son-of-an-Aggressive-Charismatic-Bulldog named Georgie Patton!' "

^:awe:
:lol: Yes yes, thank you thank you. I'll upload it here again since it seems OK with GO. :D

That's pretty cool... but it would seem your Patton needs to lay off the fatty foods...

Your face looks like its been wiped on an @$$ Pinko.

Quite simply enough said. I'm sick of people insulting my work after I've worked months on making this damn thing.

Hmm, that's funny... I look at that same screenshot (which, incidentally, I used for the button) and get the impression it's a darn good likeness.

Your face looks like its been wiped on an @$$ Pinko.

Quite simply enough said. I'm sick of people insulting my work after I've worked months on making this damn thing.
So if someone compliments you, you're Mr.Wonderful, and if someone offers constructive criticism you go-off the handle and throw personal insults.

Nice.

I said it was "pretty cool" but thought his face looked too chubby compared to the real Patton and offered a picture to back-up what I said.

And you throw personal insults... sheesh buddy, please put a disclaimer in your sig-line saying people can only say nice flowery things around you at all times, and if anyone says one thing slightly to the contrary you will flail into a hail of personal insults.

I'd drink decaf if I were you. Your skin must be paper-thin.

Wolfie, do you realise that this LH is above average when one compare to what has been done globally since civ4 came out. I believe your hyper-realism dogma mislead you badly here. In fact, this leaderhead is the proof that dutchking will improve even more in near future. It is not possible to behave like that and take the risk to piss off voluntary people.
Bottom line, one must be cautious with remarks to art creators particularly if he is not a supplier himself.

^Thank you Snipper. I'm not going to start a flame war here. That post was stupid. "fatty foods". W/E
So if someone compliments you, you're Mr.Wonderful, and if someone offers constructive criticism you go-off the handle and throw personal insults.

Nice.

I said it was "pretty cool" but thought his face looked too chubby compared to the real Patton and offered a picture to back-up what I said.

And you throw personal insults... sheesh buddy, please put a disclaimer in your sig-line saying people can only say nice flowery things around you at all times, and if anyone says one thing slightly to the contrary you will flail into a hail of personal insults.

I'd drink decaf if I were you. Your skin must be paper-thin.
I don't want any sort of criticism on a LH I've been working LITERALLY MONTHS on. I think it was perfect, not fat at all. Your post was completely un necessary and was in my opinion a flame post. And the ironic thing IS, I used the picture you POSTED as a base. Lay off your fatty head.

Top Bottom