1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[LH] John McCain

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by GarretSidzaka, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Didn't know McCain ever featured in a B movie... Creepy!:lol:

2. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

thats really creepy

3. Jimmyballz

Jimmyballz Executive

...by speeches you mean condescending lectures.:rolleyes:

EDIT: Is this what the moderators call 'flaming?' :confused: I'm still trying to understand what it is... This is not trolling, I know that much.

4. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Maybe he's trying to troll, but doesn't know how to. At any rate, such comments are derogatory and devoid of any actual facts. (Though I have noticed that of the two candidates Barack likes to talk to people, whereas McCain likes talking to mikes, i.e. the media.)

5. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

You seem very fond of that word, why do you bring it up so much? Just because somebody doesn't fawn all over Obama like a school girl crush doesn't mean they are a troll... it just means they have a different opinion then you.

You really need to stop talking about trolls, I could've sworn you posted a thread about the guy who always calls the other guy a troll is a troll themselves.... better keep looking in the mirror for troll hairs... I assume your post about me being a troll is productive and contributing to the well meaning and betterment of the forum by continually insinuating who is and isn't a troll.

I love how everybody that loves Obama is in the right, and everybody who doesn't love Obama is a troll. Nice one there guys, talk about controlling the media.

6. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

No comment. (See my previous post.)

7. snipperrabbit!!

snipperrabbit!! Deity

Whatever you will vote you'll have to change the name of the country either to USA or UFSA !

8. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

yes wolf, you are usually a bigtime troll. you will be at home in the OT forum of CFC

9. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I wouldn't normally post this here, but I just received an F vote on my recent Thomas' War Huge Earth 18 civs map, downgrading its A+ rating to a C. I can only think of one person who would be so immature. Now come out and be a man about it.

BTW, if this happens again, I will report it.

JEELEN

10. JeffIllinois

JeffIllinois Prince

Wolfshanze, is busy fawning all over Reagan, or Reagan's memory.

11. Shqype

Shqype Shqyptar

haha, awesome. Good leaderhead.

12. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

thank you bro :)

13. Jimmyballz

Jimmyballz Executive

For the record, I was talking about my post, and if it was considered flaming, not Wolfshanze's post.:)

Here you go guys (even tho no one asked for it)::lol:
    First presidential debate:
    Friday, September 26
    University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS
    Vice presidential debate:
    Thursday, October 2
    Washington University in St. Louis, MO
    Second presidential debate:
    Tuesday, October 7
    Belmont University, Nashville, TN
    Third presidential debate:
    Wednesday, October 15
    Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY

14. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

thanks for that schedule. we should all watch these debates. after all, this is our world and our country :)

15. asioasioasio

asioasioasio Fallout Scrubber

Doun't count on me ;)

Probably it'll be displayed on tv on sick hour - 4:00 am in europe or something like that ;)

16. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

From Washington Post columnists King:

Another Questionable McCain Pick

John McCain's strong suit is supposed to be his judgment. But that is being called into question during this presidential campaign. He's behaving as if a moment's thought is a moment wasted.

His impulsiveness was on display last week when he declared -- in the midst of the country's financial crisis -- that if he were president, he would fire Security and Exchange Commission chairman Christopher Cox. Only to be told that the president can't fire the SEC chairman.

He compounded the problem last Sunday night on "60 Minutes" when, out of the blue, he said he would consider appointing former Clinton administration HUD Secretary Andrew Cuomo to the SEC job.

"I've admired Andrew Cuomo" McCain said. "I think he is somebody who could restore some credibility, lend some bipartisanship to this effort." The Arizona senator added that as a member of Clinton's cabinet, Cuomo "did a good job. And he has respect. And he has prestige."

I wonder if McCain, before endorsing Cuomo for the SEC post, read the long piece on Cuomo's HUD tenure in the Village Voice last month.

Under the headline "Andrew Cuomo and Fannie and Freddie: How the youngest Housing and Urban Development secretary in history gave birth to the mortgage crisis," investigative reporter Wayne Barrett charged that Cuomo "took actions that-in combination with many other factors-helped plunge Fannie and Freddie into the subprime markets without putting in place the means to monitor their increasingly risky investments. He turned the Federal Housing Administration mortgage program into a sweetheart lender with sky-high loan ceilings and no money down, and he legalized what a federal judge has branded 'kickbacks' to brokers that have fueled the sale of overpriced and unsupportable loans. Three to four million families are now facing foreclosure, and Cuomo is one of the reasons why."

Cuomo reportedly would not answer Voice questions directly, but did respond through an intermediary. The piece, which reviews his decisions in depth, is a must read.

Especially by someone with the impulse to appoint Cuomo chairman of the SEC.

Cuomo is no stranger to me. I was a Post editorial board member during his service at HUD, as under secretary and then secretary. I got to know and like him for his dedication to addressing housing needs of the poor.

Most of our dealings centered around "The D.C. Initiative," a HUD-sponsored demonstration project that Cuomo launched, with much fanfare, in 1993. The project was designed to end homelessness in the nation's capital and billed as a model for the nation. The Post published numerous editorials tracking its progress and failings.

Cuomo wasn't a bad manager, but his program fell far short of the mark. It went through $20 million of HUD's money and $10 million of the city's own before it officially ended in March 1999.

District officials estimate that today's homeless population exceeds 5,000.

McCain was in Washington at the time. Does he remember this?

and Capeheart:

McCain's Debatable Proposal

The "Oh no, he didn't!" Award for today goes to Sen. John McCain with his announcement that he's suspending his presidential campaign tomorrow and wants to postpone Friday's debate with Sen. Barack Obama so that he can help negotiate the bipartisan bailout of America's wrecked financial system. Oh, and he's called on Obama to put politics aside and join him. That's certainly a bold move. But why now?

This has not been a good couple of weeks for McCain, and today has been horrendous. The latest Washington Post/ABC News poll showed Obama with a clear lead over the senator from Arizona for the very first time. As if that weren't bad enough, a national poll from Fox News/Opinion Dynamics and battleground state polls from Marist appear to back up the contention that Obama is striking a chord with voters on the economy. This is giving him valuable momentum going into Friday's debate.

Then, as E.J. wrote about earlier, there was the front page New York Times story today contradicting McCain campaign assertions that the firm founded by campaign chief Rick Davis had had no dealings with Freddie Mac for three years. The story reports that Davis's firm, Davis Manafort, was paid $15,000 a month from the end of 2005 through last month.

By making such a startling announcement this afternoon, McCain has managed to most certainly change the subject -- for now.

Maybe he's putting "country first." But coming 41 days before the election and on a day of tough news for McCain, forgive me for thinking that there's more than a bit of self-interest here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.