[LH] Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

It is quite excellent bernie, and yes it would be better with a rolling stones shirt. ;) (;)) That Castro looks quite realistic, I like how your skins blend very well with your LH's btw.
@Thorn, I use the current 2.45 and the blender nif scripts from 10/23 or something, I haven't checked in a while. They work, try importing the nonshader if the regular one doesn't work and it should work almost all of the time.

There are already tutorials here by C.Roland Ekmek, and I plan to write up a few at CivUnited (www.civunited.net). Just on using the program itself, and not so much about doing what C.Roland already covers. (such as how to detatch a hat on a LH when it is fused on, etc.)

thanks again everyone..

@NikNaks: i'm going to be a little busy now with the native units (making some intersting heads/bonnets as we speak w Ulan pointing me to some nice resources) and then i plan to do a cuban civ, check on my progress and then i will take some requests :goodjob:

@Thorn: i use blender 2.43 and nifskope 0.9.5 (I hope that helps, i am NOT good software stuff and i was lucky that it al worked for me, actually, i was going to point u in the direction of dutchking, i have seen some of his fine work and some very good tutorials he has on another site. he seems to really know how to get these things working :)

@dutchking: found those TUTS at the other site...PLEASE go ahead and post them here as well, they are very useful, and looking forward to more of your work :goodjob:

bernie, wow...just wow, just when I was about to start working on the skin you provided I come across this...great work!

@Thorn: i use blender 2.43 and nifskope 0.9.5 (I hope that helps, i am NOT good software stuff and i was lucky that it al worked for me, actually, i was going to point u in the direction of dutchking, i have seen some of his fine work and some very good tutorials he has on another site. he seems to really know how to get these things working :)

@dutchking: found those TUTS at the other site...PLEASE go ahead and post them here as well, they are very useful, and looking forward to more of your work :goodjob:
Well, I think YOU should write up a little tutorial on how you edit the LH's in blender, as in actually doing the work in edit mode, I would read up on that one. :) I know how to do a few weird things in Blender but I'm honestly not the best genius in the actual editing of the triangles to make something look like something else. As for you, it looks like you've got it down! :D Again, great work Bernie. Bravo.

Well, I think YOU should write up a little tutorial on how you edit the LH's in blender, as in actually doing the work in edit mode, I would read up on that one. :) I know how to do a few weird things in Blender but I'm honestly not the best genius in the actual editing of the triangles to make something look like something else. As for you, it looks like you've got it down! :D Again, great work Bernie. Bravo.

i'll try to do a tutorial the next time i do a leaderhead, but for some reason, i can't/don't know how to "embed" a pic/jpg with the writing :confused: , like CRoland's (very easy to follow).... that's why i always attatch a thumb, in any case, just some real quick tips without graphics, first, your 1,3 and 7 buttons are your best friends, since u can quickly see changes in all directions, i will usually have a UV map texture open on the bottom window, so i can go from edit to object(textured) to UV with a click, to see how my changes have changed the appearance. i usually center my view with the object in all directions. i usually will be in "dot" mode to select corrosponding points on the face (eyes, cheeks, mouth), selecting the points with CNTL/MOUSE....i will zoom in and out, ALT/MOUSE and select several points at a time, to make sure i don't get the ones in the back!!!! this process is the same as the one u explain in your UV mapping TUT (tedious) but in 3D!!!, once u got your symetrical points, G(move) in varous directions, or S(size) global or in various planes to change a shape!!!!! look at your result in textured object mode!, i usually delete faces using "face" mode and usually extrude in "edge". mostly, it's circling dots, making these areas bigger and /or smaller, viewing it at various angles...OH....i always have a good picture of the person i am making, for ahmadi, i used DWOLFs pic and some others on the net...i am not so good an artist that i can paint things out of my head, but i am a very good copier;)

i'll try to do a tutorial the next time i do a leaderhead, but for some reason, i can't/don't know how to "embed" a pic/jpg with the writing :confused:

Bernie, you should use the , possibly embedded in a

Bernie, you should use the , possible embedded in a
Spoiler :

sorry, I SUCK at this, i tried writing "", as well as with spaces between...]*pastepa....*[, but i just get the letters w/o the pic....is there a button?

IMO the pedia entry for the Pasdaran needs to be neutral.

IMO the pedia entry for the Pasdaran needs to be neutral.

wow, i thought i was pretty neutral...my original thought was more like.... "these religious fanatics are pretty good at beating women with sticks, but their bark is worse than their bite, and they will turn tail and run like the coward dogs that they are when facing a real military force"....now that is biased!!!!;) , in any case, if it does not suit u, it is very easy to change in the gametext.xml :D

actually, i apologize, i made the leaderhead for DWOLF and i put in the unit almost as a self-exercise to see if i could learn to do some xml stuff, i think it would be up to DWOLF to change it, it is his CIV mod to distribute, or for any individual who dl the files for themselves to change what they want...

A hyperlink is the website address :) You'll probably need to upload your image somewhere first though, and then where it's uploaded use that hyperlink in your image code.
If that doesn't make sense, quote my post and see how I got your avatar to show below..

You should be able to see that the image is hosted here at http://forums.civfanatics.com/images/avatars/civ4/civ4scientist1ig.jpg

A hyperlink is the website address :) You'll probably need to upload your image somewhere first though, and then where it's uploaded use that hyperlink in your image code.
If that doesn't make sense, quote my post and see how I got your avatar to show below..

You should be able to see that the image is hosted here at http://forums.civfanatics.com/images/avatars/civ4/civ4scientist1ig.jpg

THANKS Chugginator...it makes sense (to me) now, apperciate everyone's help....

first, i MUST apologize to Niknak93, since i promised to do some natives for him next :blush: , but i became OBSESSED :crazyeye: with Ahmadi after DWOLF came out with his great Islamic Republic of Iran CIV but a static pic for Mahmoud, someone mentioned that julius would make a good base for the "nutty professor", so i "blenderedized" this guy.

he sports his infamous "ahmadi" jacket. the ANIMATIONS are a combo of saladin's (greeting and denial) and julius (i love his paranoid eye stare for Mahmoud). i also included a seperate unique unit, the "pasdaran", iranian revoultionary guard. in my version, he is 8% WEAKER that the average marine (22), BUT 12% less costly to make (140)....

i have included xml files and alternative game_texts files, but THIS IS NOT A MODULAR LEADERHEAD. this is essentially an animated mahmoud for DWOLF's IRAN CIV and i hope he chooses to update using this leaderhead.

DOWNLOAD

great thanks and credit to DWOLF for "Islamic Republic of Iran" civ, CRoland's "couldn't have done it without u" leaderhead TUT and avain's Hungary Mod for VD, which i COMPLETELY copied from to make my iran :D

It would be great, except for one major mistake...

Persian Soldiers don't look like Talaban... They look like this

Top Bottom