[LH] Michael the Brave

Requested by TheLastOne36

Work In Progress

Nice Start, but the cuirass's texture is too low resolution. You should edit the uv in blender so the cuirass will take all the UV map. After, you resize the texture to 512* and than you can do a clean reskin.

You should edit the uv in blender so the cuirass will take all the UV map. After, you resize the texture to 512* and than you can do a clean reskin.

Thanks. I have never done that before but I took on this leaderhead as a chance to expand my skill in this area. ;)

PS is there a way to add more polygons to ones that are already there? so I can more texture?

Thanks. I have never done that before but I took on this leaderhead as a chance to expand my skill in this area. ;)

PS is there a way to add more polygons to ones that are already there? so I can more texture?

The number of polys do not mean anything to the texture quality. Increasing the number of polys will only make the shape rounder. For a better texture, you need to increase the texture size (you can do this in psp). Also, the cuirass texture is only a tiny part of the knight UV (on the knight UV, you have all the armor, the helm, etc., but you only use the cuirass), so you should edit the UV map to make the armor use all the texture and not only a tiny part of it. For this, you have to be in UV mode, and than, choose UV image editor window and scale the texture part used (s key) and move it, so it will use all the UV map. If you need better explanation on how a UV map work, try this, it's a nice explanation for starters.

^ just a reminder of how he looks like :)
Looks awesome so far. i agree that the cuirass is to low resolution, but the fact that you got the knights cuirass on a leader, is pretty awesome :goodjob:

BTW, it also looks like his hat(what are they called again?) is part of his hair.

yeah but thats not the problem. The arms get in the way of the cape and I havent been able to get the cape to flow with the arms it passes through them.

For this, you would have to rig the cape to the right elbow, arm and torso bones.

For this, you would have to rig the cape to the right elbow, arm and torso bones.

I'll keep messing with it. I had it rigged various ways but nothing came out right. I'll keep trying or I'll change the shape of the cape. The armor retexture came out alright. I took the shiny metal from civ3's joan of arc.:blush:

the other stuff I'm going to do is adjust the camera so he's not as up close so the feather and hat are more centered and you see more of the background. This LH has a lot of stuff on it compared to others.

I'll keep messing with it. I had it rigged various ways but nothing came out right. I'll keep trying or I'll change the shape of the cape. The armor retexture came out alright. I took the shiny metal from civ3's joan of arc.:blush:

the other stuff I'm going to do is adjust the camera so he's not as up close so the feather and hat are more centered and you see more of the background. This LH has a lot of stuff on it compared to others.

If you want to make a good rigging, open two blender windows. In your first, you have your leader with your cape. In the second, only the vanilla leader. Than, you compare the body(and arms) rigging of the the second and you try to copy it on your first, so you can see wich verticles belong to wich bones.

If you want to make a good rigging, open two blender windows. In your first, you have your leader with your cape. In the second, only the vanilla leader. Than, you compare the body(and arms) rigging of the the second and you try to copy it on your first, so you can see wich verticles belong to wich bones.

THanks Roland. Sometimes the problem is that the original has a b_drape vertices and the new model doesn't. I've added vertex groups before and it does nothing.

THanks Roland. Sometimes the problem is that the original has a b_drape vertices and the new model doesn't. I've added vertex groups before and it does nothing.

No need for this. Your base is Alexander, so check how is the rigging of the elbow/arm/torso part of the vanilla Alexander and try to rig tge right verticles of the cape on the same bones than the verticles of Alex that are under the cape. I know it's simplier in words and more complex in reality :D

For the cape, it seems like Roland has it all figured out, :)

you can still see a bit of the construction on the background though. I'll use my photoshop skills and try to "edit" the construction out. it's the least i could do. :)

Wow it looks amazing!

symbol for the gold parts? that's going to be hard to find. i'll look for one though.

Is it just me or is his face too pink (nothing that cannot easily be fixed though) ? Amazing leaderhead ;)

Top Bottom