1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

LH] Mussolini

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by Ekmek, Apr 17, 2008.

1. mourndraken

mourndraken King

almost there ..

2. Vrenir

Vrenir King

I notice that the grey uniform in the pictures has black portions (on the lapels etc). As it seems quite distinctive, perhaps it is worth a texture edit?

3. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Just checked out the DL version: looking quite Benito!:D

4. asioasioasio

asioasioasio Fallout Scrubber

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
    Five star job! :goodjob:

5. KrugerPritz

KrugerPritz King

6. Chuggi

Chuggi Espada

Wow, better than mine! :thumbsup:

7. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? :lol:

maybe just post the dds/tga when you finish? then I'll upload a new version

8. Gaius Octavius

Gaius Octavius Deity

Would it possible to get rid of that pesky shadow on his right (on the left as you are looking at him) where the wings from De Gaulle's uniform used to be? :D

9. Ekmek

oh yeah, those will be gone. this is still a "draft" and I'm anticipating mourndraken's work

10. jkp1187

jkp1187 Unindicted Co-Conspirator

Nice leaderhead, I am very impressed.

For traits, I don't think he should be aggressive, simply because that would confer upon him a military strength that Italy simply lacked under the Duce. I'd say Charismatic (which he clearly was) and either Organized or Industrious (to reflect him "making the trains run on time")?

11. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

I agree. I'd go with Charismatic and Industrious.

12. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Industrious? Italy lagged far behind in industry both before and during the war. They were woefully equipped for war in 1940, incompetant waging the war, and lagged in production with constant shortages of everything throughout the war.

13. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

What do you suggest as a second trait, assuming you are in agreement with charismatic?

14. KrugerPritz

KrugerPritz King

He knowed this, and didn't enter in war by soon... After the first victories of Hitler, he thought that war will be finished in a Blitz Krieg and was afraid to be out of the victory table. And U.S.A. weren't still in war... The japaneses crashed Mussolini's dreams!!! So a trait could be "DREAMER" :D ...Also CINIC: he said "I need 1000 deads to sit in the victory table" :confused:

15. MadmanOfALeader

MadmanOfALeader Deity

In one of the mods, Mussolini is Agressive and Expansive.

16. Refar

Refar Deity

Industrious does not actually provide "Industrial Strength" in the common sense - it's just a boost for monumental buildings - and this is something dictators of that period (Hitler, Stalin and i assume Mussolini as well) were quite good at... So i think IND is ok for him..

17. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

I'm in agreement with Charismatic (most Fascist leaders have to have this to get into power). Industrious gives Wonder and Forge bonuses... so there IS a production boost (in the fact you can get forges faster/cheaper).

I think "Expansive" would be the better 2nd bonus for Mussolini... he certainly wanted to invade his neighbors and the bonuses are more akin to Mussolini's italy (worker and harbor bonuses).

18. Refar

Refar Deity

Yea sure, cheap forge.
    Still IND is the trait for making lots of "monumental plans" and then get your self beaten up, because you neglected your army, while working those "monumental plans"... Sonds exactly like what happened to Duce.

Expansive isn't a bad idea. But i think making Mussoliny a Woder-Whore would be just to hilareous to pass up.

19. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Well... is this LH being finished? Who's currently working on it? When will it be called "Done".

20. Ekmek

I'm still waiting on mourndraken for some skinning. Anyone is welcome to take it up.