[LH] Thulsa Doom

Aranor

Emperor
Thulsa Doom​

Well here is a re-worked first draft Aigimios (actually he was like 15th but 1st posted draft). Many people said he looked like Thulsa Doom from the Movie Conan the Barbarian. So I made him into Thulsa. I will return to this guy from to time time as my skills improve ( or to improve my skills) as I don't believe he is anywhere near where I want him to be.

He uses Sarumans hair (again it was borrowed from Arma's Conan who borrowed it from Saruman).
Hope you all enjoy.

Download

nice stuff. Did you ever get blender working?

Honestly between finishing off the final version of Aigimios and getting this Fella out the door as well I haven't had the time to even think about looking at blender. The weird bit about blender is that I had it installed on my comp ages ago ( when we first had the ability to edit .nif in blender) and I could import them then. But now its like I'm feeling my way in the dark. I will look more into it, as most of the changes that I want to do with this guy will probably require blender at some stage.

Looks great! I can recognise Shaka, I think, but not sure where the cloak or the armour comes from. :undecide:

Also the Saruman hair was originally from oblivion or some game like that. :lol:

One other thing (unrelated, but) the mods will probably try to cane you for that sig. :lol:

Something to consider for the future, but Thulsa Doom's lair or throne room should show up in the background at some point (along with an armor change).

Well the font size is too big (has to be 3 or less) and you're not allowed to use spoiler tags. I've been warned for both... :cringe: absolute power corrupts absolutely, remember. :lol:

Back on topic: I reckon this is one of your better leaderheads.. I think it could be improved a little bit here and there though, some shadows near the base of his hair would look good.

Looks great! I can recognise Shaka, I think, but not sure where the cloak or the armour comes from.

Lemme try. Cloak is Rangars and armour is one of Roland's armours.

I doubt I will ever put a helmet on him. As in the movie he only wears one in 2 scenes if memory serves me (In the masacare of Conan's village, and the battle in the standing stones).

Also just alittle tid-bit, utterly useless overall really. In doing some research on this character ( to find more picture resources) I learned that Thulsa Doom actually was portrayed in the Comics with a skull for a head, and that it was this image that inspired He-Man's nemasis Skelator. The movie Thulsa is a combination of Thulsa Doom and another of Conan's enemies, the Set worshiping Thoth Amon.

Food for thought. Useless as I said, but made for interesting reading for me as I never even read the Conan comics as a kid.

Well the font size is too big (has to be 3 or less) and you're not allowed to use spoiler tags. I've been warned for both... :cringe: absolute power corrupts absolutely, remember. :lol:

Hmmm I didn't know about the spoiler tags. I thought I was doing the right thing there, ohh well. I shall go change that back.:blush:

Back on topic: I reckon this is one of your better leaderheads.. I think it could be improved a little bit here and there though, some shadows near the base of his hair would look good.

Thanks. Each leaderhead I do I try to get better. And as its my most recent.......

It should be my best! :lol:

Thanks. Each leaderhead I do I try to get better. And as its my most recent.......

It should be my best!

Well I've found that a lot of my newer units are a lot better, but unfortunately each new one I make isn't necessarily better than the last one. :(

Well I've found that a lot of my newer units are a lot better, but unfortunately each new one I make isn't necessarily better than the last one. :(

Too True :( I find it the same with these guys. Right now I am going back over my civs and updating the REALLY poor leaderheads of which there are many (about 4 more left to do I think), some of them are very recent too (you should see Attila the Hun:yuck:).

Too True :( I find it the same with these guys. Right now I am going back over my civs and updating the REALLY poor leaderheads of which there are many (about 4 more left to do I think), some of them are very recent too (you should see Attila the Hun:yuck:).

Don't worry about that, I've abandoned most of my earlier units. :lol:

Don't worry about that, I've abandoned most of my earlier units. :lol:

:lol: Unfortunately most of my early units or Leaderheads are in my civs and not standalone like yours are so I need to update them or they are going to look weird against my recent work.

OT: Dude don't you sleep?:confused: I mean I'm at work so I HAVE to be awake, but given the choice I'd rather be in bed :lol: (especially since its supposed to be my day off:mad:)

:lol: Unfortunately most of my early units or Leaderheads are in my civs and not standalone like yours are so I need to update them or they are going to look weird against my recent work.

Well with those cases I would remake them from scratch, as the new techniques you learn really outdate the old methods.

OT: Dude don't you sleep?:confused: I mean I'm at work so I HAVE to be awake, but given the choice I'd rather be in bed :lol: (especially since its supposed to be my day off:mad:)

Sleep's overrated. :lol: I would much rather be posting and working on these Asian medieval settlers... and don't start work until 4.00 pm tomorrow so I can always catch up on sleep later, if I have to. :crazyeye:

Very cool, Aranor! :goodjob:

Top Bottom