[LHs] Roman Emperors

Ah... when did you do this? I've been working too hard, you slipped Caligula on me and I didn't even realize it!

I'll have to definately add him to my mod and I'll do some custom diplomacy work for him too!

More sleeping with sister and consulting with his consul horse!

Caligula... what a nut!

He's looking nice and psychotic in that picture.

Actually, it schould be possible to use animated uvw, or switch multiple image planes for kind of "laterna magica" animation... would have to be short of course...

Would it be hard to make ? Because it would add a lot to the LH if you have an animated BG. (But we still have to find a low frame animation of a roman orgy :D)

Not really hard from the technical point of view. Could be a bit challenging in the artistic department - something clever would be required, to make a animation loop look interesting/appropriate.

There is no hard limit on how many frames can be put in it, but every frame uses ressurces - say a 128' texture - so you would need to settle on some sane number... It's possible tho to make the frames "blend over" (by animating opacity)... so say 4 frames per second... for a 4 second loop we would have to use the equivalent of a 512' texture. Not to mention painting those 16 frames...

I think do have a 10 frame template somewhere... I will find and upload it, so people can experiment. If there is demand/interest we can make more frames later.

Just one word DAMN ON ALL OF THE LH DAMN:eek::clap::worship::wow:

Hopefully The Modders Will Use Them

Caligula is being worked into the Wolfshanze Mod as we speak.

I can see Montezuma under the armour. That's the only part i'd work on. Other then that, Awesome Work!

Definitely this work is going into mods. Here's Caligula hanging out in the test version of mine:

Only minor suggestion I might make with Caligula: the background is a little busy. You might want to blur it out more to keep the focus on the foreground, and maybe make a little more washed out. Still a great work regardless. Thanks for your hard work!

Definitely this work is going into mods. Here's Caligula hanging out in the test version of mine
I noticed a couple of things...

1) you've got v1.0 of Caligula... it's already been updated to v2.0.

2) you made Caligula "Aggressive"?!?!? No way... military matters were about the last thing on his mind, so getting free promotions to Caligula's military doesn't make any sense. The best thing he was able to do was send his military to the English Channel to collect seashells as the spoils of war... you don't get high quality troops from Caligula! I had a hard time figuring what to do with him, but anything tied to the military certainly wasn't a trait I considered fitting for him.

Rave: Excellent idea making all these leaderheads. Never can have too many Romans, and you've done a fantastic job so far. :trophy:

Rant: I think you've got too much armor on Trajan. Though he was a soldier (and thus it is wholly appropriate), it kind of clutters up the screen a bit. Still, a better job than the existing version I think. :D

What traits did you give him?

EDIT: If you should be so inclined, I would suggest making some Roman leaders from the Republican era as well. It's been heavily ignored by Firaxis as well as modders, but quite a few influential people emerged during that 500-year period. ;)

The funny thing I noticed is that Firaxis gave the Roman Emperors "Representation" as their favorite Civic... really now... weren't they Emperors!?!?!

I can see Montezuma under the armour. That's the only part i'd work on. Other then that, Awesome Work!

you mean reskin or something else? I modified the face a bit but now thinking about it I may adjust the brow. Maybe reduce the shoulder pads too. I adjusted the camera so I d'dnt have monty full body picture.

Ekmek... during some of the Caligula animations (mostly when he turns his head), you can see some "chunks" missing out of his head/neck directly underneath his ears (especially under Caligula's right ear). You might want to check that out.

I didn't see them in the civilopedia screen. If you get a chance please post screenshots so I can spot the trouble parts. thanks.
A LOT of animations don't show in the Civilopedia... to see all angles, you need to go "in-game"... he's much more animated in-game then in the Civilopedia, and that's where the flaws show-up.

Look under his ear... it shows up on both sides (under both ears), and the right side of Caligula is the worst (he turns his head this way quite a bit). Seems the Praetorian Guard led by Cassius Chaerea have started hacking into Caligula's neck!

Oh... and you might want to look-into that "shadow/neckline" thingie... not sure what to call that, but it's like some of his lower neck/upper chest is differant colors, but it doesn't seem to be a shadow, more like a really bad farmers tan or something.

Top Bottom