Liberated Civs Still Ungrateful in 332

TPQ

Cogito Ergo Civ
Hi,

I took Rammys capital and left him with one city.

Quite a while later Askia decided to finish off the Egyptians by taking their last city.

Later still, Askia decided to attack my empire and in the insuring war I took back Egypt's city and decided to liberate it, so I had somebody else to sell lux to.

I even gifted the buggers a worker and sold them some lux for next to nothing to help them get back on their feet again, but checking the attitude mouse-over reveals no positive bonus for bringing them back from the dead.

Wasn't the AIs lack of gratitude at being resurrected supposed to be fixed in 332?

Attachments

• UngratefulRammy.jpg
    UngratefulRammy.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 129
They actually fixed the AI to recognize and hate you pretty much forever when you took/hold their capital.

However even with all that hate, he will still vote for you in the UN and if he's really just a one-city champ he can't do much to stop you, just don't expect him to want to pay full price for pretty much anything.

They actually fixed the AI to recognize and hate you pretty much forever when you took/hold their capital.

However even with all that hate, he will still vote for you in the UN and if he's really just a one-city champ he can't do much to stop you, just don't expect him to want to pay full price for pretty much anything.
Yeah, I like how the AI now dislikes you for taking their capital, that makes good sense.

I was however, expected to see a green bullet point with "you liberated our city/s" or something to that effect. Of course, they'd still hate me, because of all the other stuff I did, but the positive modifier should be there anyway, shouldn't it?

I thought they fixed the AI so that you get a positive modifier for resurrecting them and/or liberating their cities??

I think they went away from that since realistically a liberated ai has no chance in hell of winning and thus it shouldn't become this extra exploitable resource where you can easily trade away all your resources and get extra RAs going.

Last time I liberated an AI, he hated me almost as much, but he did vote for me and never even so much as made a noise my way.

I think liberating AI cities should only give you positive rep if someone else captured it, and you capture it back for them.

Capturing an enemy city yourself, and then liberating it for a large reputation boost would be a huge exploit.

I think liberating AI cities should only give you positive rep if someone else captured it, and you capture it back for them.

Capturing an enemy city yourself, and then liberating it for a large reputation boost would be a huge exploit.

You can't liberate cities you conquered originally, even if someone else takes them from you and you take them back.

They HAVE to either patch liberation at some point or just get rid of it. I just liberated Washington in my current game, and he's been out of the game for most of it. Now, he "covets my lands", "competing for the same city-states," and the most ludicrous of them "believes I'm trying to win the game in a similar manner." Guess what? He has zero chance to win. It's not really fair to either side; the civ you liberate is out of the game anyway, and you just end up getting denounced. Either fix it or remove it altogether. It wasn't well thought out. Maybe turn it into capitulation or something.

Yup I just liberated India from Incan bondage and Gandhi immediately went to Guarded and practically jumped down my throat wanting me to retreat my forces out of his newly created borders. Ingrate! :(

Top Bottom