Liberation is a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherlock

Just one more turn...
I just liberated Washington - gave him back his capital city.

He's guarded and in a few turns he's denouncing me. The only person I went to war with was the person who WIPED HIM OUT.

This is maybe the most annoying thing about CiV.

Better to liberate City States. Completely kills off all influence other players had with them and makes them your ally instead.

I thought they fixed this. In all my post BNW games I've had good relations with the people I liberate. Maybe Washington is just a dick.

Were you expecting DOF with Washington, Sherlock?

No point in expecting positive relations with someone who didn't really like you and then was liberated by you. Liberation is just a small green modifier compared to all the wrong you have done. :)

I wouldn't blame the coder entirely too. History shows that liberators aren't always respected and loved, but often feared for their strength by everyone, including those who they liberate.

There is a bit different, liberation or recall to life. Liberating capital only give you some positive modifier, all negatives, like he is your neighbor, still remain. It does remove big chunk of you warmongering penalty though, so in average you should see diplo improvement with all ai.

It is much better to recall to life some one - really create guarantee vote for dip victory.

If you bring back to existence a civ (and I believe it's what you meant by liberating), it almost instantly recalls how it felt about you before it was wiped out. There is a positive modifier but I've learned the hard way that if a civ wasn't particularly friendly towards you, it's better to keep their cities for yourself or just raze them.

If you bring back to existence a civ (and I believe it's what you meant by liberating), it almost instantly recalls how it felt about you before it was wiped out. There is a positive modifier but I've learned the hard way that if a civ wasn't particularly friendly towards you, it's better to keep their cities for yourself or just raze them.

Yea, I mean the Polish were liberated by the Russians in World War 2, and they get on just fine :)

I once liberated CS in G&K and it only gave me 60 points of influence...barely to get Ally...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I fell for this a few games back. When you liberate a city from a civ with few cities to a civ with many your liberation score is less than the warmonger score incurred by capturing the city in the first place. It's best to recall civs to life, whether it be CS's or Brazil. Then they will love you.

If you bring a civ back to life, I believe they will vote for you for world leader, so that's kind of worth it.

Maybe you had clicked "complete kills" and he was actually still alive somewhere by units? Or had another city? If he was truly dead and you liberated him then he would have a "recalled to life" status and after being kinda weird for a while would like you and vote for you in congress. If he was still alive somewhere and you gave him a city then that is just one green mod like everyone said. Sounds like he has other reasons to hate you.

I personally only liberate CS, extinct civs (if I need votes in WC), or liberate to current friends. It is not a shoe-in for a friendship at all, though the modifier should probably be more honestly.

I always liberate CS and civ for the diplo bonus, even the one that denounced me before (I just left a crappy city, so are not annoying anyway). If I was in very good term with the civ I liberate, they'll often DoF few turns after and become the best buddy until the end of the game. But yes, some leaders denounce me after their liberation, but for good raisons (hello, Lizzie)

i liberated ashurbanipal. he had been the whipping boy of the world. i took pity on his ship which kept him alive and gave him a city on a small island. immediately the nations who had been at war with him dow him again. he was guarded despite my attempt to give him a nation back. he didnt denounce but was very rude. i believe stalin once said gratitude is a disease of dogs...
oh and relieving napoleon of all those puppeted cities and liberating them didnt change ashurbanipals attitude later on either. if i hadnt wanted the buffer zone between me and napoleon while i built up my military to defend my own city in the region i might have dow him myself and razed...

You're not supposed to liberate capitals. You're supposed to liberate the other non capital cities.

It's all good. Washington may have other, bigger enemies. Just hate on his liberated, resurrected behind. Toy with him. Get the "at war with common enemy" diplomatic bonus with the bigger civ who also hates him.

Liberating capitals is a mistake you mean probably. Liberating cities don't always get you what you want.

If they copy/paste the Alpha Centauri diplomacy code (with tweaks to make it compatible, ofc) into Beyond Earth I will be the happiest man alive.

But it seems more likely that they will keep the Civ series trademark psychotic AI (and probably the atrocious netcode too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom