Liberty Opener Palace x3 Bug

AnthonyG

Warlord
I've noticed a bug with the Liberty opener. If you build, say, 2 cities and then capture and puppet a 3rd, then build a 4th city - your 3rd - then it doesn't get a palace and you have to build one. I.e. the puppeted city (technically one of the 3 oldest?) does not get a palace and the free allotment of 3 (per empire) with Liberty becomes broken.

So either we need to find a way to have that puppeted city get a palace or the code to ignore it altogether and the palace to go to your 3rd oldest city. Either way, one should not have to build a palace if Liberty has been taken from the beginning, maybe except if one is subsequently destroyed but I'm not sure on that.

PS This is happening on the beta, but I know I've seen it in prior versions too.

It's important but the free building code has always been bugged.
I rely on Ingame Editor to fix these things.
There are some bugs that IGE can't fix and that's what the developers can focus on.

Fair enough, but the Palace set up is a feature of this mod, so if it can't be made to work properly then maybe it should be got rid (from the Liberty tree at least). Can't expect IGE to come to the rescue all the time like it does (e.g. and for me) with the capital swap.

Maybe it can be addressed when the policies get their overhaul and even then it's not like I'm stamping my feet and giving this undue priority, just merely reporting a bug like the sub-section of the forum says ...

Top Bottom