1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Libraries

Discussion in 'Civ2 - General Discussions' started by Trekkie Spice, May 22, 2006.

1. Trekkie Spice

Trekkie Spice Chieftain

Hi there,

Are libraries worth building in cities. If I am hard up for cash (and I usually am) are they cost effective.:D :D

2. Peaster

Peaster Emperor

I never build them, except maybe in a SSC (super-science city). An SSC is a city that makes lots of arrows, where you build Colossus, Cope's etc. These things work well together in the same city to produce lots of beakers -often more than half your total. But I don't even bother with an SSC when I play for conquest.

You can usually get beakers more efficiently by raising your science bar or thru trade. Notice that when you deliver a van and get 100g (for example) you also get 100 beakers added into your science box.

Also, I usually build Marco's ASAP and get a few "free" techs by trading with the AI. After you gain more experience, you will see that the AI can't use the new advances as well as you can, so you don't (usually) have to worry about which techs you give them.

3. Andu Indorin

Andu Indorin Retired Druid

If you are (usually) hard up for cash, then you might consider taking greater advantage of trade in general. Trade is the most powerful tactic in the game.