Librety & Autocracy

Mesopotamian

Warlord
Okay so i was playing the other day and filled the liberty tree, later on lack of :nuke: resources made me switch to autocracy tree for x2.

Anyways after a while i wanted to get back to freedom (also had that full) for a faster great people generation with democracy as i needed an artist so i had to switch out of autocracy.

When i switched out after the one turn of anarchy i received a free golden age (out of nowhere) also free settler and a free worker in my capitol and a free great person of my choice (picked the artist that i needed :goodjob:) apparently from the liberty policies which was activated :king:

But if you keep going back and fourth between Autocracy and liberty that way (exploiting :D) you might get stuck unable to finish the turn, the tab will not have the blue next turn button rather there will be the (Select a great person) orange button. and i keep pressing it nothing happens so i have to reload.

Is this how the policies meant to be, or is it just a glitch ?
on the positive side it might actually designed to be like that, giving autocracy also has a 20 turn attack boost that will be gone in 20 turns, so maybe switching back to it grants the ability again ? (couldn't test that cos autocracy tree wasn't full at the time) but getting a great person every couple of turns is just way too powerful.

Also i wonder if that works with piety and rationalism too, didn't have the chance to test that. If it works with the same manner switching back and fourth to rationalism might give the two free techs and a golden age, piety too has a golden age and a two free policy :eek:

:confused:

ive heard about this, ive also heard its just a bug so dont get to ecstatic they will patch hopefully

Or you can see it like your people has gotten their freedom back after years of oppression and become very happy about it.

I don't think I've ever used the Autocracy policy tree, except once when I was going for the steam achievements. I find lots of policies I like on the Order tree, and on most of the other trees too. What am I missing by not ever choosing Autocracy?:confused:

I don't think I've ever used the Autocracy policy tree, except once when I was going for the steam achievements. I find lots of policies I like on the Order tree, and on most of the other trees too. What am I missing by not ever choosing Autocracy?:confused:

I used it in my latest game, playing the Japanese. Let's say that I won my game by domination, really by domination, not just taking capitals. I started my conquests when I got my Zeros and I was actually quite small when I started. I couldn't have done it without Autocracy. Okey, perhaps I could, but it would have taken a much longer time, take a lot more effort and it would have been only half as fun.

What I mean with this is. Autocracy is for war, big, large, world war. So its not for every game, but every now and then...

i don't like the final autocracy policy, what u only get attack boost for 20 turns and that's it,, apart from that autocracy tree is really great

you can field a really massive army and still be rich, u get ur army three times as big using only the same GPT
you get x2 s.resources, you can create more strong units and nuclear and atomic bombs, boost production with building that reqiure them factory reactor etc

whats not love about autocracy, apart from crappy total war policy :lol:

The problem with autocracy is that most warmongers have a high social policy cost. So naturally, you go to freedom to get a better deal in social policies. And of course, you can't have both freedom AND autocracy. Therein lies the problem.

The problem with autocracy is that most warmongers have a high social policy cost. So naturally, you go to freedom to get a better deal in social policies. And of course, you can't have both freedom AND autocracy. Therein lies the problem.

I can't say that I have had any big problem with this. Those times that I want to be a warmonger (not so often but it happen) I usually combine Piety and Autocracy to ensure happiness and also that last one in Piety is a good one to save to the right moment. But I rarely annex cities that I take so the social policy cost is not rises because of that and I still build culture buildings.
I my latest game, I (Japanese) took four continents (some only partly) and on those continents I converted one city to annexed (and bought the Courthouse, instead of building it). The city that I annexed was a builder city not a money producer (of course) and a coastal (to ensure a port). The rest of the cities was puppets.

i've never taken autocracy, and only once taken Order. They really need to buff these in the next patch, especially since Freedom and Liberty are so hard to pass up.

But my next warmonger game, I might try out Autocracy... with an Honor or Tradition start. Aztecs seem like a good candidate for this

Top Bottom