Life After Loco

Memphus

Deity
So it is inevitable now, Loco will be out of the game in 5-8 turns now.

What are our plans from here? Do we look at engaging Innovia right away? Or do we focus on setting up our newley conquored lands?

Let's not forget as soon as we declare war on Innovia it is - 2 :) in our cities with a marketplace.

It would be ideal for to wait for Piffle to finish off Aloha before we turn to Innovia. Otherwise, we will have done more than our fair share of bringing the game down to the last two teams.

Alternatively, Innovia realizes that they are the next target. Maybe we should engage them diplomatically to ensure that we don't have to fight for a while. That could buy us some time to reinforce our infrastructure.

As Far as Innovia attacking us I don't think that is anything to worry about. As long as Bomabay is a stronghold, they can't touch us because our Navy will sink anything. I am unsure if they even have access to Iron, (which means no Frigates)

So that leaves them the only option of comming by land through Bombay.

We can't assume they won't ever have iron...

But it almost sounds as if Memphus is implying we should hit them before they get to Oil or Uranium for transports. :shifty:

I think we should bulk-up Bombay, make sure we keep our Navy strong, and then use our tech advantage to get a more decisive advantage before we attack.

LOCO was MUCH weaker than Innovia when our war with them started, and if they had played better (like Chamnix is doing now) then we'd be in significantly worse shape.
Innovia is both stronger and better managed. Let's not get involved till we've got a more significant advantage… like Bombers or Tanks.
Maybe we could find a way to help Piffle out a little more once LOCO is dead - keep them from switching sides on us.

like Bombers or Tanks.

Techs needed:

Infantry - Assembly Line
Artillery - Physics, Artillery
Marines - Assembly Line, Physics, Electricity, Industrialism
Tanks - Assembly Line, Physics, Electricity, Industrialism, Railroad, Combustion, Plastics
Bombers - Assembly Line, Physics, Electricity, Industrialism, Railroad, Combustion, Plastics, Flight, Radio

Maybe we could find a way to help Piffle out a little more once LOCO is dead - keep them from switching sides on us.

I think we can help them more by fighting Innovia.

I'm not against additional military aid to Piffle - as long as we can still defend our Eastern Core and our newly acquired Locopotamian lands.

I could see sending them a few Galleons of Rifles, for example. Or cannons. But it would be a waste to send Cavalry - especially after Memphus' strategic analysis in the Game on Life Support thread :lol:

Eastern Core and Loco lands are defended if we take the fight to Innovia.

The only concern become the Western Land for a Piffle / Aloha :backstab:

Surprising Innovia will be alot harder as the have scout ships.

Finally We need to be stretgic with our attack on them as that might tip the game and be enough to have Aloha & Piffle join together to take us out, and at this point I don't think we can eliminate 3 teams...

That's a good point, Memphus. Even though our Treaty with Piffle establishes a peace treaty between us until we're the last 2 teams, we can't trust them not to stab us. Afterall, if they reach a point where they feel that their only hope of winning is allying with Aloha (or Innovia) to attack us, they'd be stupid not to do that.

Once Loco is wiped out, we should help Piffle out through an enhanced Lend/Lease: Loan them units while we strengthen our new economy. This will help to keep our unit support reasonable, and help to eliminate Aloha quicker.

The faster Aloha is eliminated, the better for the Alliance.

That is where we should try and focus our energies on, by supplying Piffle with troops in their battle with Aloha. Removing Aloha will do the world a good for us, so I think that should be our goal.

Actually, the more I think about it, the best unit we could give Piffle is Riflemen. They get +50% vs. Cavalry (Cossask), whereas Cannons and Cavalry are Cossack fodder.

Personally I think giving them assembly line so they can get factories and infantry will tip the scales.

But that will pull :hammers: away from unit production.... Piffle needs to field superior numbers of units - and fast!

Waiting several turns for Factories to come online, or waiting for Infantry to be produced, then shipped to the front, isn't as fast as Epsilon shipping and then gifting 2 or 3 Galleons of Rifles to Piffle.

It sounds like I'm really gung-ho for this idea. I'm not. I'm just trying to further discussion. I certainly don't want to do anything that will weaken us overall!

I agree that Piffle getting Industrialism will change the tide of the war - but I think Rifles will do it faster.

I still haven't located my vanilla disk, so this is without having looked at the save.

We're just completed a war and have (or will) gain several new cities. We're going to need to build up our infrastructure and economy to support them. If we intend to continue warmongering than razing them should be a consideration. Destroying Team Loco is a good thing, but letting it destroy us isn't.

We're keeping most of Loco's cities. We haven't razed any of them yet, if memory serves. But we might raze a couple that we haven't taken yet.

They have 4 cities left, but we only know the locations of 3 of them. We are about to take their Capital. Then we won't take another city for a few turns, as we reorient our forces.

Our economy is getting a boost from State Property, so keeping Loco's cities isn't nearly as costly as it would be otherwise.

To reiterate that so far of the two cities that have come "online" from Loco they already have courthouses and are generating more than they are sucking out (of the economy).

I see us keeping all of Loco's cities, unless the 1 city we can't see is in a terrible position.

:agree:
Put them to work in service of The Leader in the soon to start war against Innovia! :)

Top Bottom