Life Expectancy of a Truck Driver in the U.S.

You know the news this week is that is was because of the magnetic poles swapping, and they named it after Douglas Adams 'cos it happened 42 thousand years ago?

Yes
that recent news could be part of the cause.
The Neanderthal living in the Gibraltar caves were as it looks now not under pressure from homo sapiens arriving AFAIK only 18,000 years ago at the Iberian peninsula.
As such caves near the sea with lots of seafood, animal and vegetable, and inland everywhere wild goats... it should be real nice. But the Gibraltar area for sure too small on its own and inbreeding a risk.

And back to my post: perhaps the Neanderthal had not embedded in their traditions distant travel summer gatherings to secure their genepool diversity, and were much more dependent on incidental travellers without, or with evaporating knowledge where to go.

What would be interesting to know if we can find DNA evidence from (far more) Neanderthal remains indicating that their gene pool got smaller cq that gene pools between the last isolated spots of Neanderthal have less overlaps, diverged.

Anyway... back to truck drivers and health.

My experience with quite some truck drivers is that they do very much favor that no one (no boss) is looking over their shoulders how they work (inevitable in factory work).
No system, no pawn or gear in a hierarchy... just you, your truck, your destination for the day.... and a far away boss or customers...
and colleagues, social acquaintances, friends who are like you.... as bubble reference about good-bad on lifestyle, expectations, anything.
A split life with normal society when you also have a family (at that other home).

Truck restaurants along motorways pretty decent in terms of food, but yeah... also lots of junk food. Getting enough cooked vegetables not that likely. Using a lot of fast carbs very tempting especially with long days. Drugs to squeeze out some more ? A lot of gig fruit pickers or gig warehouse migrants here in NL use speed to make the long and often hard hours.

I also know truck drivers who take care very good about their health.

Is it the profile of people that flow in these truck driver jobs... is it that this job, the social reference of that bubble, does not offer much improvement potential ?

Combining the two, maybe truckers overall have more neanderthal dna ^_^

Anyway, I have to suppose you need to be tough (and maybe also reasonably strong) to be a trucker, since you are by yourself with quite expensive equipment as well as cargo (although it should be insured already).

Top Bottom