Life in 2109: Envision the Future

Yes, there will be wars (Russia vs. China, Israel vs. Arabs, US vs. Mexico).
Countries will collapse (Canada, possibly Russia, Columbia, some African countries).
There will be droughts, storms, global warming, and overall climate change.
There will be disease, famine, and death.
That's just the negative stuff though, let's be positive.

There will be massive advances in technology.
Most modern diseases will be cured.
The everyday lives for people in modernized countries will be better.
People will live longer.
There could be sentient machines.
Robots could be everywhere.
We will have colonies in space, on the moon, and on Mars and probably on some asteroids.
Africa, Europe, and the Arab nations will be united (PanAfrica, European Union, PanArabia).
We might have stopped global warming (might but probably not).
Who knows humanity could be united under some super-UN.
Lets look towards the positive thats what we all want (except Nazis).

Chances are much higher that the US will collapse and there will be a mass emigration to the North (that's BTW the best possible outcome there is :rolleyes:).
WHY YOU NO GOOD LOUSY SON OF A... :mad:

Nah just kidding. ;) I think the US will stick around for a long time. Even if the federal government went down the states and the people would stay.

Hmm, I'm walking on a thin rope here, methinks. BTW, I imagine myself as world leader by 2109 by using cyrogenics and the most advance medicine, organ replacements and genetic engineering which will be available then to age at a much slower pace. Now that's really how a perfect world should look like, eh? But I have to warn you: More work, more taxes and mind control will be ordinary, it just can't be everything only good.

I predict a North American, South American and Central American Union. This will lead to the eventual absorption of Mexico and Canada into the US creating the USNA.
An Asian, women, Mexican and another black president.
We will end our embargo with Cuba, then incorporating it and Puerto Rico as the US's 51st and 52nd states.
China will be involved in at least 1 war.
India/Pakistan will blow each other up

Gone. The Earth will be destroyed by the sun in 2012.

Just because the Mayans didn't feel like carving out an extended calendar for an additional 2,000+ years doesn't mean the world is going to end. They had to stop somewhere.

An Asian, women, Mexican and another black president.
We will end our embargo with Cuba, then incorporating it and Puerto Rico as the US's 51st and 52nd states.

I doubht an asian president. There will be at most 24 more presidents before then. And asians don't make up four percent of the population makeing it a anomaly even if it does happen.

Why cuba why not another random carribean nation like the bahamas or the dominican republice.

I think everyone's being somewhat bleak. I predict an end to extreme poverty, starvation, the worst diseases. That the Western Democracies will all be at peace with each other. That India will be a self-sufficient, technologically advanced nation. That China will have democratized. That there will be pace in the Middle East and Arab nations will be built on the vision that the UAE and Qatar have already laid out. That the world will be run on fusion power. That we will have significant orbital installations and have sent probes to the Jovian and Saturn's moons on a regular basis. That men will have landed on Mars and mining colonies will be established in the Asteroid Belt. That space probes will be well on their way towards nearby stars, some at speeds that are an appreciable fraction of c. That humans and computers will be integrated, but not to the point that our physical existence is destroyed or our bodies abandoned, instead we will simply use computers to enhance our current thinking processes. That we will have had multiple female presidents in our good old USA. That said USA will have incorporated both Canada and Mexico at least while the EU forms a working political entity. That Russia's resurgent imperialist streak ends and is replaced by a peaceful government. That South America becomes prosperous. That climate change is significantly slowed, so while much life is lost, all is not for the worst. The Pacific Islands will be ruined, of course (whose migrant communities mostly end up in Australia, New Zealand and the United States), Bangladesh is mostly flooded, with the refugees being dealt with by a brilliant international aid effort. Antarctica will have lost much of its ice, but not all of it; the spectacular Antarctic mountains provide stunning vistas, while humanity begins a monumental effort to leave this land -- not pristine, not quite -- but with minimal inhabitants; instead we will have introduced various temperate climate species to populate the landscape. By 2200, pine forests will be growing at the South Pole, and animals will move beneath the midnight sun of winter. The more temperate varieties of penguins will survive and dominate shore life, while introduced species like reindeer, wolves, and Siberian Tigers will scatter across the land.

And so on.

You see, the world doesn't have to get constantly worse. We've gotten to the point where a fifth of the world's population lives in comfort unimaginable to those who were living a mere century ago. All we need is to lift the other four fifths out of poverty. We can remake the world for the better.

My brain will be in a jar being examined for it's mysterious genius and evil after I kill half the worlds population.

Just a guess....

Same as now except for our razors. Around 2050 or so, after decades of adding more and more blades to their razors Gillette will become a pioneer in practical nanotechnology to reduce blade size and further increase the number of blades they can fit into a razor.

If you want to try me, be my guest. I'll enjoy your vote for me.

Look man, all the plans are already made up, it's just a matter of a couple of days by now before my long, worldwide reign will get launched. Just watch TV or something, you'll surely see about it in the news. Fox seemed very encouraging about it after hearing it from me.

Same as now except for our razors. Around 2050 or so, after decades of adding more and more blades to their razors Gillette will turn to nanotechnology to reduce blade size and further increase the number of blades they can fit into a razor.
That would make cleaning out hairs tougher. :(

In a hundred years, kids will be playing Sid Meier's Civilization 86 with their holodeck consoles. They will have to battle hordes of barbarians and rival armies by themselves... No more spear beats tank! :spear:

Top Bottom