1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Lifespanian Royal Line

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: RPG' started by disorganizer, May 25, 2003.

1. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

This is the thread to post news and info about the Royal Family Line of Lifespania.

The history of our family goes back to the beginnings of our nation. The Current family members as well as their relations to other families of our glorious nation is shown later in this thread.

Our family ownings are claimed to be the province of Hellenatica. A Map of those claims will also be shown in this thread.

Definition of Family Membership
    The Family Membership for the Lifespanian Royal line in strictly limited.
    A lifespanian Family member marrying a non-Lifespanian will keep his/her family name as second middle-name, but wont give it to the husband/woman as middlename.
    The children will be reviewed by the existing Family members, and some of them, normally the firstborn of each generation, will be "adopted" into the family and will hold "Lifespanius" as second middle name from then on.
    An example for this is Bellona Lifespania and her husband Caeser Jade.
    Duitia Lifespania Bellona married Flavinius Jadius Caeser in 1025BC, and as such Bellona was from then on called "Duitia Jadius Lifespanius Bellona".
    Of her first generation of children, only Rubinia was adopted into the Lifespanian Family (as firstborn child). Avita as second born was not adopted.
    As such, Rubinia's name was Caesaria Jadius Lifespanius Rubinia and Avita's name was Caesaria Jadius Avita.

2. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

***reserved for family history***

3. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

Current alive Family Members
    Princess Vendetta Lifespanius (Royal Caste) (Leader of the clan)

Prince Lucentio DiSaaMuel Lifespanius (Royal Caste)

Relations inside the Family
    Code:
    [I]Vendetta Lifespanius[/I]
      aunt of rubinia
      descending from a family line most of the members thought was lost in the beginnings of fanatica

[I]Bellona Jadius Lifespanius[/I]
       daughter of "Helena Lifespanius(d)" + Atrous the great
       married to "Caeser Jadius"
       died 430BC
    [I]Rubinia Jadius Lifespanius[/I]
       daughter of "Bellona Jadius Lifespanius" + "Caeser Jadius"
       sister of "Caesaria Jadius Avita"
    [I]Elizabeth DiSaamuel[/I]
       daughter of Rubinia Lifespanius
       sister of Lucentio Lifespanius
    [I]Lucentio DiSaaMuel Lifespanius[/I]
       son of Rubinia Lifespanius
       brother of Lucentio Lifespanius

4. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

Map of Helenatica
    here is a map of the current ownings as well as of the claimed land of the lifespanian family.

210BC:

Archive of big jpg-maps:
    210BC
    570BC
    775BC

all our land claims have been secured by contracts with the despots of fanatica and other nations. we will not allow any person to annex any land claimed by us.

the ownings are owned by the lifespanian family but may be run by different persons later on as they grow larger. we also may give usage rights out to other persons later. just aks in here from time to time for details.

the area which is claimed or owned by the lifespanian family is called HELENATICA after the founding mother of the family line.

she was the first person to be allowed to own land, and thus she started the family ownings which were over the time extended to the size they have now.

Land Income
    210BC: 120f, 132s, 370g (including GA multiplier of 1.5)
    350BC: 53f, 33s, 145g
    570BC: 61f, 41s, 164g
    775BC: 35f, 24s, 106g

5. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

ORGANIZAION OF THE HELENATICAN ARMY
    Code:
    [B][U]HELENATICAN ARMY[/U][/B]
    commander: general Lucentio DiSaaMuel Lifespania
     contains: I  Corps ("the palace guard")
               II Corps ("helenatican mobile corps")

[B]I Corps ("the palace guard"[/B]
    commander: general Lucentio DiSaaMuel Lifespania
        units: 3 legions, 8 spearmen
     function: defense of helenatica

[B]II Corps ("the helenatican mobile corps")[/B]
    commander: lieutenant general Maxius Veen
        units: II-a support Squadron
               II-b reconnaissance Squadron
     contains: II.1 armored division
               II.2 armored division
               II.3 armored division
     function: attack and forward defense

* II-a support Squadron
    commander: Lieutenant general Maximus Veen
        units: 3 spearmen
    * II-b reconnaissance Squadron
        units: 2 horsemen

[I]II.1 armored division[/I]
        units: 8 legions, 2 horse archers

[I]II.2 armored division[/I]
    commander: Major general Scrobius Pantonius

[I]II.3 armored division[/I]
    commander: Major general Julius Aqaurius

OFFICERS OF THE ARMY
    General Lucentius DiSaaMuel Lifespania
    Lieutenant general Maximus Veen (charisma 20)
    Major general Scrobius Pantonius (charisma 13)
    Major general Julius Aqaurius (charisma 15)

GENERAL UNIT COMMANDS
    I corps: defend helenatica
    II corps: lent to fanatican army for war against egypt

6. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

Baroness Contessa Fortuna DiSaaMuel approaches Bellona with her son, Neo.

Ah, hello Bellona. Beautiful day, isnt it? I've just realised something. My son Neo is technically a relative of yours. His father was Draculus Roberts Lifespanius. His mother was Mellita Lifespanius, who as we know is the daugther of Brefius, the father of Diutius. Now, correct me if im wrong, but isnt Diutius your grandfather? So if your grandfather is my sons greatgrandfather, making YOU his great aunt... Aint that a hoot?

(I think I got the math right there)

7. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

Sure dear Baroness, but the line of Lifespanius was royal due to their relation to Helena. As Diutius left her with the children alone, she is now technically the founderess of the line. As such you could be noted as further relative, but not part of the line itself ;-)
    As you see, also only one of the children of Bellona and Caesar is noted. This is because of each Childhood, only the firstborn will be adopted into the Lifespanian Line. Also the husbands, as you will surely see, wont be adoptd into the line... they temporarily get the name, but wont inherit it to their children which dont belong to the line.

This ensures that the lifespanian family line is of clean blood and relation, and that no influence from other families, except the minimim necessary for reproduction, is coming into our family traits.

8. Stuck_as_a_Mac

occ- a land request. could you make the lines in your map in grid format, for ease of use?
    thanks

9. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

ooc: the lines are in the "claim lands" anyways... you wont see lines in any land which is already under our controll. but of course this would be possible :) for the next release

10. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

OOC: Dis - How old is Helena with the recent turnchats?

11. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

ooc: boot, i have no idea... but she is OLD...she may even be dead by now...

12. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

we have iron! finally!

and 2 additional cities are now part of helenatica...

this year will be dedicated to the celebrations of the greatness of helenatica...

notice:
    note also that still no citizen applied here for tile usage rights. so still all tiles which we plan to give out for usage (not ownership) are available!

apply now with your business idea... or you will regret it later!

helenatica also needs some vasals to improove the palace in gorina for some food. feel free to also apply here.

13. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Morpheus Anderson approaches the great Bellona.
    Oh great Bellona. I have a business proposal you may be interested in. I wish to bring word of the Lord and the Spirits to those in Helenatica. I want to begin preaching on your lands, traveling as I go to spread the word of the Lord.

I just ask your permision so I am not carted off and called crazy.

14. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

BELLONA:
    Dearest Morpheus... we here in Helenatica experience a long history of freedom of speach and thought.
    As long as your prayers do not counter the administration or the royal house, you may pray what you wish...

But now sit down here in the throne room next to me and tell me about what you exactly tell the people. This sounds pretty interesting.

15. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Morpheus: Wonderful, Bellona. Let me begin. But before I do, I have a letter to deliver to you from the DiSaaMuel's. Since they own my village, I'm kind of their messenger.\
    The message reads:
    Dear Bellona.
    Hey, Its Fortuna. Listen, I hear you're giving out land. Well, I have an idea. Many of our ehem... *neighbors* have started making these drawings of their land called Maps. Smith tells me all about them. They seem really... odd. Well, anyway, as you know, since I do your income and your production, I was thinking. Why dont we start one of these Map thingiees? Can I grab some Penguinadua land and start a map shoppe?
    Thanks,
    Fortuna

Well, anyway. Here is what I preach of. In the heavens, there one deity with two personalities, the Red Deity and the Blue Deity. Both are both good and evil. All humans must choose between the two of those. Many side with the Blue Deity and believe in whatever they want. But there are those among us who side with the Red Deity. We can achieve a sort of inner peace, controling the world around us. We are the Chosen People. However, we are under constant moral attack by those who choose the Blue Diety and believe themselves to be all powerful. They have become corrupt by the evil web of green decit that the Blue Deity weaves on .05% of his followers. They are agents of him and they do any and all evils he requests. Our mission is to stop those who have become corrupt. But, however, we will not be able to do so until our Savior, The One, arrives. He is prophesised by our Oracle. This is our mission, our goal. We must wait the arrival of our savior, The One. Then all the world and all Fanatica shall be saved.

16. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

Bellona:
    "Dearest Morpheus, please tell Fortuna that i gave her some more land."
    Bellona turns to her advisors
    "Please make it heard in the land of helenatica and disaamuel that we will give out lands both to atrousia and disaamuel (OOC: post is here). we will also give back some land to fanatica itself to clean up our borders. Mapmaker, start drawing a new map."
    She turns back to Morhpeus
    "Now tell me, how can i tell whether i am on the red or blue side? You could be one of the red side and tell me this story... How can i tell?"

17. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Morphues:
    The DiSaaMuels will be very pleased of this new land. They plan on begining a small, productive province from here.
    Now, as for the ability to know, unfortunatly there is no way but one. Neoism. The new order of things. It is the name of the religion I preach. One must not accept that they will be controled. The foundation of this diety can be broken. He is not all powerful, as one may believe. He has the ability to be stoped and contorted to what we believe is needed. To succesfully begin training, one first must renounce all that is associated with the Blue Deity. These things are:
    1) Evil towards self
    2) Evil towards others
    3) Acceptance that the Deities control our entire lives.

These are the fundemental principiles. One must do this to renounce the Blue Diety and take up the Red One. But be warned, the acceptance of Red Deity is not an easy one. There are those that love the Blue so much, they will give their lives to protect it.

18. Bootstoots

OOC: Helena was around in Julia's great-grandfather's time (and Julia's 40). I did the math, she's now 82 and very, very dead!

19. disorganizer

disorganizer Deity

ooc@boot: im concentrating on the storyline. we should have the character manager post the list of living characters each time. otherwise its impossible to keep track. complains go to the character manager. without a list i wont delete the characters from my postings :p
    if i have to wait for rulings every time, it now is a pleasure for me to wait for it... also this doesnt matter as bellona owns everything already ;-) helena is only her mother. bellonas brother will get helena's troops until her daughter is old enough to controll them, which was all already posted at the conflict thread :pP

20. Bootstoots

It would be very hard for the character manager to post a list of all characters dead and alive at this stage. Many characters haven't been updated since 4000 BC! It is up to us to update our character stats according to the amount of years aged and the LE.