Like a Sir!

woopdeedoo

King

I have wanted to play a culture based game for a while since most SG's seem end in Domination or Space wins. As such:

Variants:

1: Must win Cultural victory (all victory conditions enabled).
2: We are allowed to give in to requests (Friendly-Cautious) but not demands (Cautious-Furious). If a rival makes an "Arrogant demand", we must DoW within 10 turns.
3: If a rival DoW's us, we may not settle for peace, the aggressor must be eliminated.
4: If we DoW a rival, we can only accept capitulation (and whatever tech etc we can get out of the deal) or eliminate him completely.

Settings:

Map: Standard, Factal, Temperate Climate, Medium Sea-level
Difficulty: Monarch
Speed: Normal
Mod: BUG 4.4

Leader: Louis XIV.
Traits: Industrious and Creative.
Starting technologies: The Wheel and Agriculture.
UU: Musketeer (Musketman)
UB: Salon (Observatory)

Roster:
1: woopdeedoo
2: pigswill
3: Verarde
4: Imhotep
5: astre

I think this would be fun. So please feel free to sign up.

The start:

The first turnset of the game will be of 30 turns duration. The next turnset of the game of 20 turns. 10 to 15 turns per turnset after the opening two depending upon game conditions. Players are expected to complete their turnsets within three days of completion of the preceding player's. Swaps and skips are allowed. Players may be removed from the roster. Players may not 'play ahead' until the game is completed.

Attachments

• The Sir BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    32.2 KB · Views: 173
I can load the save so that's good.

For same odd reason Louis is one of my favourite leaders.

I need to practice cultural.

Please can I join?

lurker's comment:

I like the Cultural victory target. I'll follow with interest. :)

Reminds me a bit of another game that pigswill was part of; P666-03 : Taking out the Euro-Trash! where Louis XIV was also going for Cultural on Monarch difficulty (unfortunately I removed all of my images and saved games due to server constraints).

Anyway - best of luck!

lurker's comment: I'll follow along, as I need to learn some cultural strategies.

Why don't you join the game Verarde? The best way to learn is to play along :D My game has improved dramatically since I started playing SG's!

I've only ever beaten Noble...and I don't always win on Noble. But if you're willing to have me, I would give it a shot!

Frankly, the start is not too hot. We want a prod powerhouse as cap to knocvk out all those wonders. I'd move the warrior 1 NE to see what's up by the pig. Maybe settling 2N is more worth it depending on resources...

I do agree to a certain extent. On the other hand, it does have a couple of nice resources for a good early worker/settler pump. I will move the warrior a little later though and post a screenshot.

I think its a pretty decent start if we don't settle in place. Settling on warrior's starting point looks pretty good. I'd move the warrior 1W and the settler 1NW before deciding anything.

Actually I like pigswill's suggestion. But we'll see what the units can reveal...

Lurker comment:

Settling where the warrior is makes for a very nice bureau cap and great for a culture game. It's great without even revealing more tiles. SIP is horrible.

Woopdeedoo. I had another look at the variant rules and stuff like eliminating an aggressor or fighting until capitulation could lead us to winning domination or conquest by default so if you really want to go for culture you could maybe tweak those a bit.

Woopdeedoo. I had another look at the variant rules and stuff like eliminating an aggressor or fighting until capitulation could lead us to winning domination or conquest by default so if you really want to go for culture you could maybe tweak those a bit.

pigswill, the idea is to handle conflict "Like a sir". On later thought it may have been easier to make a Pangaea map. Maybe we should play a diplo game while striving for cultural dominance?

It is an idea to try and break away from the regular warring while still defending ourselves with an iron fist... Yes, I am in character :p

So a PPP:

Settle where the warrior was, research AH>Pottery>Mining>BW
Build warrior>worker>warrior>settler.

Should I wait to settle before taking the hut?

Top Bottom