1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

likelihood of the inca being in the expansion?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Jay247, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Jay247

Jay247 Chieftain

just curious as to what you enlightened folks here think the chance of them appearing are? I only ask I have very fond memories of playing the inca in civ 5 and absolutely loved terrace farms UI, was there any mention of how many unique improvements there was going to be this xp? I imagine if they were going to be included that they would have the same UI as last time so maybe theres some clue there :/

2. NavyPaladin

NavyPaladin Chieftain

From gameplay perspective, South America is quite empty, and Inca is a good candidate. Combined with a lot of people in Facebook/YouTube want Inca to appear in Civ6. I think Inca has a very high chance to become playable civ.

nzcamel likes this.
  3. Timothy001

Timothy001 Chieftain

Still 4 Civs yet to be shown. Quite a few surprises so far, and I'm sure the last 4 won't disappoint.

4. kaspergm

kaspergm Warlord

They are definitely my #1 wish ... ok, #1 tied with Maya ... at this point. Also, I think they would fit well with the new governor system, as I seem to recall they had some fairly advanced systems in this regard.

nzcamel and Uberfrog like this.
  5. NavyPaladin

NavyPaladin Chieftain

I don't think Maya will be in Rise and Fall because we're still see Palenque as a City State in Either First Look video or dev Livestream

luigilime and Uberfrog like this.
  6. Arianrhod

Arianrhod Chieftain

I mean, they'd better be. Otherwise they're going to be the next Mongolia that everyone points at and mocks, in disbelief that Civ 6 would lack them. They're probably one of the most unique civilizations left, or at least up there, and they're from a nearly unrepresented continent.

We've still got four Civilizations left and there's no reason to believe that none of them can be the Inca. Last I've heard, there's still potential for a returning civ, there haven't been any Incan city states sighted, and none of the new Civilizations would have any obvious reason to delay their appearance. In fact, the returning civilization that might've arguably presented the biggest 'threat' to them -- the Maya -- is disconfirmed for the time being, which should only aid their hopes of appearing this time around.

evanaurora and nzcamel like this.
  7. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Warlord

South America still has a big gap in it, and the Inca are almost certainly going to feature eventually, so I think chances are good, especially with the Maya out of the running.

8. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Warlord

I think the Inca are a very solid bet. Probably not this week coming, as I reckon that will be reserved for an African Civ (Mali or Zulu, I hope). I am also beginning to agree with many people who now believe that Georgia will be included, as a "Central Asian" civilization. So that leaves just one more possibility.....and I am leaning towards either The Ottomans or the Polynesians.

9. bbbt

bbbt Warlord

It seems pretty likely at this point, unless Firaxis has come up with an option C for indigenous South American civ that will surprise everyone, but I don't know what that would be. Or, if we end up with no Inca/Maya/Portugal/Isabella because Firaxis is saving them for some sort of 'New World/Age of Exploration' themed DLC/expansion (which seems as they tend to like to spread out the Civs in the expansions, and Inca were already a DLC civ in 5).

10. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

I'd say the Incan's are 85% one of the final four. With Mongolia added, they and the Ottomans are the glaring absentees. And South America's current representation is...very meh.

Depravo likes this.
  11. Paideia

Paideia Chieftain

I would also say Inca are pretty likely. Other Civs that I think are conspicuously missing at the moment are Portugal, Ottomans and Ethiopia. I hope the inclusion of Nubia doesn't mean that the latter will be seen as superfluous.. I agree though that there will definitely be an African civ in the expansion. There are a number of great Western African empires to go for; Mali, Songhai, Benin, Ghana.. Although if they were going to include a civ from this region, I suspect they would also have included the Great Mosque of Djenne among the wonder..

My own little pipe dream is of course still Denmark under Margrete I.

12. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

The Inca have been in pretty much every main Civilization game since Civ II, so it seems like a given that they will be added at some point. There is a conspicuous lack of representation for pre-colonial South America in Civ 6 as it stands, and it seems unlikely that the developers would allow that to continue when they are adding 8 new Civs. Finally, the sighting of Palenque as still being a City State in R&F means that the Maya are out for now, which in turn means that, realistically, the pre-colonial South America gap is likely to be filled by the Inca.

13. 54teltakt

54teltakt Chieftain

i would still say its mayas over inca. in the first trailer scene we see a big dam in jungle enviroment. it was lately found that the mayans build a big dam near tikal (capital). it is also known that the inca had fresh water supply via aquducts (but so had the mayas) which would fit more to civ 6 and the rise and fall mechanics would fit as well to the incas.

palenque could still be changed in fact you just need to change the name

i hope both of them will be part of civ6

14. Our_DeCay

Our_DeCay Chieftain

The trailer seems completely chronological. The Tikal dam is built around 700 AD and after the dam part comes the (Roman) arena part, so I don't consider it likely it's the Tikal dam in the trailer.

54teltakt likes this.
  15. 54teltakt

54teltakt Chieftain

but isnt the timelime of "golden ages" (considering the three)
    (early)mayas, (late)roman, inkas

i think the first scene is a "hint"scene of course a there could be an meso/south amerikan underdog

16. DeepKing

DeepKing Chieftain

Inca are definitely in my top list. I think they are extremely likely, and like some of the others have said I think the early construction scene before the gladiator fight is a reference to them (it looks very much like the Andes in my eyes).

Maya aren't going to be here this expansion. Firaxis knows what they're doing and knows when they are showing/not showing, certain city-states. Them showing Palenque, Lisbon, and others is another way of them dropping bread crumbs for us and building further excitement.

nzcamel likes this.
  17. nzcamel

And disappointment.
    It's not impossible that they change their mind on something after they've shot a first look...but I think what we see in them Civ/CS presence wise is 99% accurate.

18. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Very high, I expect them next week or maybe the week after.

19. Meluhhan

Meluhhan Chieftain

I wish the Inca are indeed included in this expansion.

But the Machu Picchu is not in the list of the wonders, iirc. It is one of those iconic wonders and thus leaving it out while getting the Inca in seems a little unlikely to me.

Though there is a decent chance that it also can be included as some kind of unique improvement or unique district for them. We already have a precedent for such civ-exclusive implementation of wonders in the Great Wall of China which appears as the unique improvement for the Chinese this time.

20. nzcamel

There's no link between the inclusion of a wonder and of a Civ.