likelihood of the inca being in the expansion?

Though there is a decent chance that it also can be included as some kind of unique improvement or unique district for them. We already have a precedent for such civ-exclusive implementation of wonders in the Great Wall of China which appears as the unique improvement for the Chinese this time.

I hadn't thought of that.. That could also mean that the Mosque of Djenne (or atleast a mosque in Malian style) might be implemented in similar fashion.

I wish the Inca are indeed included in this expansion.

But the Machu Picchu is not in the list of the wonders, iirc. It is one of those iconic wonders and thus leaving it out while getting the Inca in seems a little unlikely to me.

Though there is a decent chance that it also can be included as some kind of unique improvement or unique district for them. We already have a precedent for such civ-exclusive implementation of wonders in the Great Wall of China which appears as the unique improvement for the Chinese this time.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking by this point as well - they just decided to make it a Civ specific thing ("Unique Ability: Machu Picchu - Cities and districts can be built on mountain tiles" or the like)

I wish the Inca are indeed included in this expansion.

But the Machu Picchu is not in the list of the wonders, iirc. It is one of those iconic wonders and thus leaving it out while getting the Inca in seems a little unlikely to me.

That's my guess--unique Government district that you build on a mountain tile.

Definitely the next South American Civ to come. If not in this expansion maybe a post Rise and Fall DLC along with Machu Picchu.

Definitely the next South American Civ to come. If not in this expansion maybe a post Rise and Fall DLC along with Machu Picchu.

Oooh, that does sound very likely. Nice little money grab, plus a new wonder - not to mention the possibility of a scenario Firaxis split off from the expansion for more sales.

There's no link between the inclusion of a wonder and of a Civ.
There isn't, but Machu Picchu is too iconic of a wonder, so it will be included in the game at some point of time. I just believe it makes more sense to include it with the Inca at the same time.

Though it is possible that they are included separately given the examples of the Taj Mahal and St. Basil's Cathedral.

From gameplay perspective, South America is quite empty, and Inca is a good candidate. Combined with a lot of people in Facebook/YouTube want Inca to appear in Civ6. I think Inca has a very high chance to become playable civ.

Additionally, unlike much of North America, Central America and South America had true political empires. The Aztecs are already in-game, and were the most obvious pick for Central America - though that region had other realistic candidates such as the Maya. South America, on the other hand, only has one realistic candidate - and it is now the only region in the America's to have no indigenous representation. Add to that the (arguable) fact that the Inca were the most technologically and politically sophisticated empire that we are aware of to have lived in any of the Americas... it is really hard to imagine them to not be included.

EDIT: I forgot the Muisca, for which I apologize. They could be a particularly interesting choice, but I still expect to see the Inca first. Perhaps the most interesting impossibility is the Amazonian civilization(s) that we've only recently really begun to study - satellite archaeology has shown that massive cities and infrastructure was built and maintained in the jungle at some point in the past.

Even still, it is possible that we may get a curve-ball (especially given the seeming interest in including more civs that haven't been represented before, as well as being more diverse, on the part of the developers). If that is the case, South America could end up with Gran Colombia or even Bolivia (Simon Bolivar has been an interesting omission over the course of the series) as a civilization - and I'd have fewer reservations about than, say, Canada as there is a stronger claim to indigenous political power in the South American post-colonial states.

Also, if there is somehow another European civilization (if you don't consider Georgia to be European)... has anyone discussed the possibility that it isn't Italy but rather the Holy Roman Empire? The Holy Roman Empire fits R&F better than the Italian city-states and it could also be used to include some of those city-states and even the Vatican, depending on how liberal they are with city names. The Holy Roman Empire would be perfect for alliance and loyalty based mechanics.

Last edited:
Maybe they just really want to make a third version of the Conquest of the New World scenario ;)
I'd be up for if it adds the Maya as well. :thumbsup:
Additionally, unlike much of North America, Central America and South America had true political empires. The Aztecs are already in-game, and were the most obvious pick for Central America - though that region had other realistic candidates such as the Maya. South America, on the other hand, only has one realistic candidate - and it is now the only region in the America's to have no indigenous representation. Add to that the (arguable) fact that the Inca were the most technologically and politically sophisticated empire that we are aware of to have lived in any of the Americas... it is really hard to imagine them to not be included.

Even still, it is possible that we may get a curve-ball (especially given the seeming interest in including more civs that haven't been represented before, as well as being more diverse, on the part of the developers). If that is the case, South America could end up with Gran Colombia or even Bolivia (Simon Bolivar has been an interesting omission over the course of the series) as a civilization - and I'd have fewer reservations about than, say, Canada as there is a stronger claim to indigenous political power in the South American post-colonial states.

Also, if there is somehow another European civilization (if you don't consider Georgia to be European)... has anyone discussed the possibility that it isn't Italy but rather the Holy Roman Empire? The Holy Roman Empire fits R&F better than the Italian city-states and it could also be used to include some of those city-states and even the Vatican, depending on how liberal they are with city names. The Holy Roman Empire would be perfect for alliance and loyalty based mechanics.
I would love Gran Colombia, but not necessarily before the Inca. The Inca in my opinion needs to be the next Civ we get in the new world. We do have yet to have a Spanish speaking new world nation though, and that is the best one to choose in my opinion.
With Frederick Barbarossa as a Holy Roman Emperor, I don't see that happening at all. Instead of Italy I could easily see Austria taking that route with Maria Theresa again having another Holy Roman Empire ruler. I want both Italy and Austria eventually anyway.

With Frederick leading Germany - unlikely. And Deutschland is kinda the spiritual successor of HRE anyway.

As for the Inca - the answer is “as likely as the Ottomans”. Which means “high on my list, but I am not Firaxis”:crazyeye:

Your next 4 First Looks, in order:

Ottomans
Italy
Inca
Georgia
This has been my opinion for a couple of weeks. Less certain of Italy than I was but I still agree.

If that is the case, South America could end up with Gran Colombia or even Bolivia (Simon Bolivar has been an interesting omission over the course of the series) as a civilization - and I'd have fewer reservations about than, say, Canada as there is a stronger claim to indigenous political power in the South American post-colonial states.

Well if you're going for real quick rises and falls Gran Colombia is for you :p

Your next 4 First Looks, in order:

Georgia

Yeah, we're so enjoying the joke that is Gandhi, that they should add another civ that's all about being a joke to the game.

Armenia first!!

Only issue I see it is the two unique improvements in the xpac (as advertised in Steam) are already covered by Netherlands (Polder) and Cree (Tents). Nevertheless, this does not covers governor’s Parks and Fisheries (or on the other hand, it covers them and does not count UI, as it also advertises 4 new units that are not UU)

It might be as well terrace farms are not UI (as hills farming is allowed endgame for all civs), and Inca UA may include allowing this earlier.

Only issue I see it is the two unique improvements in the xpac (as advertised in Steam) are already covered by Netherlands (Polder) and Cree (Tents). Nevertheless, this does not covers governor’s Parks and Fisheries (or on the other hand, it covers them and does not count UI, as it also advertises 4 new units that are not UU)

It might be as well terrace farms are not UI (as hills farming is allowed endgame for all civs), and Inca UA may include allowing this earlier.
I can't find the reference atm, but I thought it was 4 unique improvements, 2 unique districts, and 2 unique buildings for the 8 new civs. In which case, a terrace farm or the like would still be available for the Inca.

I can't find the reference atm, but I thought it was 4 unique improvements, 2 unique districts, and 2 unique buildings for the 8 new civs. In which case, a terrace farm or the like would still be available for the Inca.

Yes. That's from the Steam blurb. It does not include new generic buildings, districts, or improvements

Unique Infrastructure
Korea: district
Netherlands: improvement
Mongols: building
Cree: improvement
Ottomans?: district
Inca?: improvement
Carthage/Celts/Italy?: building
Georgia?: improvement

I could see Carthage having a Barracks/Stable alternative that grants a trade route (based on the city state suzerain ability, and the changee to CH and Harbors).

Top Bottom