1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

likelihood of the inca being in the expansion?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Jay247, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

Been campaigning for them for years. Even before Civilization 5. :)

ChocolateShake and Duuk like this.
  2. Xandinho

Xandinho Emperor

The lack of Machu Picchu on the list of wonders bother me a lot, it is simply too iconic to not be included, and it is strongly related to its civilization. But of course, maybe it's being booked for later, just as the Taj Mahal and Statue of Liberty.

But I expect the representation that Machu Picchu is not converted to a unique ability.

3. pgm123

pgm123 Emperor

I think if an Italian civ is included, there's a chance it's included as a Holy Roman Empire iteration like Lambert of Italy. Not super likely, but that's the only way I see the two being consciously connected.

If there is Gran Colombia, I hope they simply call it Colombia. The term "Gran Colombia" is anachronistic and ahistorical. Plus the so-called Gran-Colombia only lasted 10 years in that form. But you could have Colombia led by Simon Bolivar, which would make total sense.

Duuk likes this.
  4. Talcove

Talcove Slayer of Spies

The developers have stated that they are looking at geographic and cultural diversity/TSL when considering which civs to include. Currently, even after DLC and the first four civs from this expansion, there is only one civ in South America. This makes it highly likely that we will be getting a South American civ in this expansion. Further, since the only other current South American civ is a post-colonial civ. This makes it highly unlikely that what would be the only other South American civ will be a post-colonial civ, and highly likely that it will be a native South American civ. While there are other native South American groups which could be included, the Inca are the most well-known, most accomplished, and most geographically fit in relation to Brazil.

As such, it can be concluded that the Inca are highly likely to be one of the remaining four civs.

CPWimmer, nzcamel and Thormodr like this.
  5. ggalindo001

ggalindo001 Warlord

As I was starting to think about alternatives to the Inca, Gran Colombia with Simon Bolivar came to mind. I actually would love to see this inclusion as I think it is a bit overdue given Bolivar's vision for the larger continent.

A real curve ball in South America, that would have an even quicker Rise and Fall would be Paraguay. I always found the War of the Triple Alliance to be a fascinating historical oddity, and something that the proposed mechanics of the game would completely support.

However, I would be 9 kinds of shocked to see either of these alternatives. Inca is safe and expected.

Siptah likes this.
  6. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

I'd say it makes far more sense for one to join the game in each expansion.

Vision is the word. I mean sure - give the guy props for effort...but Gran Colombia doesn't belong in the company of the other Civs.

7. Xandinho

Xandinho Emperor

Gran Colombia makes sense in relation to the name of the expansion, it has risen and fell in only 10 years. :p

Phoenix1595 likes this.
  8. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

They all rose and fell (well, except the nation states that still exist in the real world).

9. Ever Adrift

Ever Adrift Warlord

Agreed. I believe there is almost no chance that there won't be at least one African civilization. Moreover, I'd bet heavily that it will be Sub-Saharan - likely Mali/Songhai or Zulu. I don't see how you have eight civilizations and not a single one from Africa, especially when the developers have stated a desire to be more inclusive and diverse in the representation of civilizations. I take that to mean they are dedicated to slightly reducing the over-representation of European civilizations in favor of the rest of the world. Hell, we could even get a civilization from Oceania!

Who knows, we might end up with Muisca, Kingdom of Zimbabwe, Tonga and the Timurid Empire!

Or we could get Italy, Byzantium, Celts and Ottomans...

My actual guess remains Inca; Ottoman Empire; Mali or Songhai; Georgia.

10. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Since every Civ is getting there own unique architectural style, has anyone considered what if Machu Picchu ends up being represented by just looking like their palace?

11. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I could see Machu Pichu being the name of their UA, especially if the UA allows for building specialty districts on mountain tiles.

Weraptor, Guandao, Siptah and 2 others like this.
  12. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

That would make them unpillageable though, so I don‘t think it is too likely. Or can anyone enter Inca mountain districts and cross mountain ranges by doing so?

13. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

encampments would have to be off of the list of "mountain districts" because those need to be able to be attacked. otherwise, i don't know, it could just be part of their advantage

nzcamel likes this.
  14. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I've been thinking about this. Here's how it would lay out with districts on mountains:

Pros:
    unpillagable
    likely big overlapping adjacency bonuses in campuses and holy sites
    frees up non-mountain tiles for improvements

Cons:
    requires unique art
    inconsistent adjacency yields in other districts
    What happens when another civ conquers an Inca city?

15. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I think that's why I like it more as a unique district (Government), though i like both ideas. Don't those districts go away after a city is captured anyhow? Macchu Picchu from what I understand was a sort of getaway for government, royalty and priest types. Give it some kind of amenity or loyalty bonus, a little religion, adjacency bonus for mountains, and really nice graphics. The real macchu picchu wasn't discovered by westerners for centuries so I don't think it's a problem if you couldn't pillage them ingame.

of course it would have to be a fairly strong district (or an ability on the weak side) because your civ would only be able to build one of them.

Guandao, Siptah and Phoenix1595 like this.
  16. Phoenix1595

Phoenix1595 Lord of the Two Lands

I think it would make a great govt plaza replacement for those very reasons. It would be a one-off, unique district with great mountain art, if not a mountain tile itself. Maybe exudes loyalty, given how long many of the Inca strongholds lasted during the Spanish invasion.

Guandao and nzcamel like this.
  17. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

To clarify, I was proposing Lê Lợi as a possible leader.

SammyKhalifa likes this.
  18. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

19. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018