Limit water outposts

SteamCiv

Warlord
Ive been trying to limit outposts being founded in the water by settlers, but with no success.

In file CivBETerrains.xml
<Type>TERRAIN_COAST</Type>
If I remove
<Found>true</Found>
Then NO city, even at the beginning of the game at all can be started on the coastal water, (I just want to limit NEW outposts laid down by settlers, not the ones splashed in by entering players).

If I go to file CivBEImprovements.xml
Look for OUTPOST improvement then delete
<Water>true</Water>
that seems to have no effect, settlers can float an outpost on a TERRAIN_COAST tile regardless.

Is there something else that is being missed to make this happen?
thanks

btw
In the original files outside the DLC fldr
TERRAIN_COAST
<Found>true</Found> is missing
and OUTOST
<Water>true</Water>is missing

Go to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\assets\DLC\Expansion1\Gameplay\XML\Leaders

There you find the leader files. For the expansion the original leaders have smaller files then the new ones. Because only the new RT stuff is added for them. Search for "LEADER_FLAVORS" in these files.
There you find Aquatic and a number behind it. Put those to 1 (for all leaders except Hughes and Moon, or not) and the they won't found water cities that often (always keep a copy of the original file in case you mess up). Unfortunately the game randomizes these standard numbers for each leader again in each game so it doesn't guarantee that they won't build them even if they stay at 1 but it makes the chances lower.

This randomizing the numbers gives some weird consequences though. The NSA should be building mostly water cities as it has the highest number of 8 in Hughes his file but in a lot of my games the NSA goes out of there ways to build land based cities for the rest of the game. Haven't figured out how this randomizing happens or how to stop it :).

Go to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\assets\DLC\Expansion1\Gameplay\XML\Leaders

There you find the leader files. For the expansion the original leaders have smaller files then the new ones. Because only the new RT stuff is added for them. Search for "LEADER_FLAVORS" in these files.
There you find Aquatic and a number behind it. Put those to 1 (for all leaders except Hughes and Moon, or not) :).

THANKS I'll try that, I want to experiment with a few water cities ( more I can force with altered files at game start are fine ) but keep them subsequently rare so they are still more of a novelty.

Top Bottom