1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Limited not worth extra $

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by pansophy, Oct 30, 2001.

1. pansophy

pansophy Chieftain

Just picked up the limited edition at Software Etc. Save your money unless you like the tin. The tech tree is literally just the tech tree _ no units, no resources, no terrain.

I haven't watched the movie, but I can't imagine that is worth $10.

Anyway, I'm sure enough people will have the game to answer questions, but I do have a screen capture program.

If I ever emerge again, I can screen capture some stuff that people really have to see _ I can't do this for hours at a time, so pick the important stuff.

I'm off to play :goodjob:

2. CoolLizy

CoolLizy King

Whether or not the LE is worth the money is all an opinion. You are right, however, that it's not all that big a leap up from the SE - It's the EXACT same game with just a few small extras in the tin.
    Speaking of the tin, that's the main reason I got it! :D I'm going to display somewhere, so I can show it off to my friends. (Na-Na-Na-Na-Na-Na!) :lol:

3. EdmundSpenser

EdmundSpenser I Am 007

The Tin has an enduring quality...I can imagine my children, in years to come examining it and me telling them (as they take a break from their PS9s or XBoxDeluxes) about the evolution of gaming that took place under Sid Mieir's inventive eye...
    Get it..its History...and no I don't work for Firaxis.

Besides its an aesthetic masterpiece..
    pity about the music in the game though.

Ed

4. yelahneb

yelahneb the grand fool

yeah, i was hoping there'd be more to the LE as well, but i'm still delighted i got it. the tin will be cool to store stuff in.

Electronics Boutique had tons of both the regular and LE versions, and no lines. i cancelled my pre-order on Amazon and bought it from EB - saved $15 (that would have been spent on the shipping).

haven't gotten to play yet, because the PC i need to load it on has Windows NT. upgrading to 2000 now...

5. ScrewWorkn

ScrewWorkn Chieftain

I agree, if you like the tin (and I do, it's very well done) then the LE verison is worth the $10. Otherwise, it isn't worth it really....

ScrewWorkn

6. shirleyrocks

shirleyrocks Prince

Right now, I'd take any version I could find :(

7. TownsendVol

TownsendVol Bringer of Justic & Hope

the tin is also neat I guess. I dont mind giving them so extra cash if its a quality product. I will get much more than $65 out of the game.

Maybe they will put my extra money toward their next great game. :D