1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Limited religion and choose religion

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by arbor, May 15, 2012.

1. arbor

arbor Chieftain

If I choos these two options (Limited religion and choose religion) and I am the first (second and third) to discover a religion, the choose-religion dialog does not disapear. It reappears always.
    Even if I react very fast to save just in between in re-appears and do a reload, it remains. The only solution is to add a religion (with a Missionary) with the world builder just before developing it.
    I like limited relifions because without limited religions, usually I end up just getting too much (or all) of them (even with difficulty impossible), besides, this quantity somehow spams some things.
    Without choose religion, usually you end up with Shamanism an you will hardly get another nice religion; so it's somehow a handycap to be the first.

However, I REALLY miss a option like "limited religion per Era/Age" or "limited to number_of_players/3 religions"!
    Because
    - with Limited religion and choose religion, usually EVERY civ gets its own religion. Not so nice.
    - with "one religion per Era/Age" (please, please ;) ) You could have a new chance every Era, just perfect.

Anyway, Thanks a lot for this great work!!!

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

That's obviously a problem in the Limited Religions original setup which I can look for but this sort of popup thing might be a bit tough for me to resolve. An alternative would be to get an svn update and utilize the newly compatible Divine Prophets with Limited Religions and Choose Religion options. That should work without trouble but you'll have to plan to birth a prophet! Enjoy ;)

3. arbor

arbor Chieftain

For sure, the problem will have part of its cause in the original setup. It seems to be connected to the number of religions (maybe an overflow problem?) because it didn't use to happen, then I had to wait only until 2 AI players founded a religion, now, you have to wait for more AI foundings.

4. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Chieftain

FYI, Choose Religions and Limited Religions options have not worked together properly since RoM days.

5. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

So True!

JosEPh

6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Well... That's something I should be able to fix eventually. I may look over that this weekend in fact. That portion of the code is more familiar to me than most.

7. arbor

arbor Chieftain

Cool!

I actually tried Divine Prophets and limited religions. I love this option as you can choose your Holy City!

Another small bug, I noticed that religions are actually not limited (with Divne Prophets and Limited religions).

Would it actually be a big deal to add an option like limited to 3 religions?

8. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

It should be based on the current svn! I'll test it again this weekend.

9. arbor

arbor Chieftain

Great, will try it out as soon as I can! It may be next version only 'cause I had and have quite some work to do these days.

10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I did a fix on limited from your complaint here but it will still be a bit before it can be merged into the svn version. Sorry for the long delay on that.