1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Limiting Indian cities?

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Creation & Customization' started by stljeffbb, Jan 17, 2010.

1. stljeffbb

stljeffbb XML Journeyman!

Me again...say, anyone know offhand the commands in the code to limit Indian settlements (and it's location within the files)? I would like to tweak it to limit each nation to a certain number...

Thanks in advance

Jeff

2. CivLucas

CivLucas Governor-General

I'm not 100% on this but I think if you change the advancedstart points in civ4civilizationsinfos.xml they have less/more cities.

3. stljeffbb

stljeffbb XML Journeyman!

Hello CivLucas...thanks for the suggestion...I tried what you mentioned, and then only time I noticed any less cities was when I set the advanced start points to zero. Then there were no cities, but there was Indian territory! Even when I had set it to just one point, a large number of cities still happened.

Also, after some low level searching, I still have not found the answer to this...I'm beginning to think this might be a little more deep within the code, no?

Jeff

4. orlanth

orlanth Storm God. Yarr!

In enabling native civs as playable for my mod, I found that during their Advanced Start setup you can place things manually according to cost, but pressing the Place Improvements Automatically button autoplaces a set of native cities/units at no cost; this is probably what the AI is doing.