Linear Civ - my first attempt at an upper-level mod on Steam.

anansethespider

Warlord
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=883717853

So let me explain what I'm trying to do here. Up until a few days ago, all of my modding work was contained within one large modpack and was more or less inextricable from the modpack. There were so many interdependent parts that you couldn't simply take out a unit, or a government, for use in another mod without something becoming broken.

Over the last few days I've been breaking up my modpack into its constituent parts. You've seen that if you've been looking at this forum :D

What's linked above is the first mod I'm describing as upper-level, meaning it contains references and dependencies to all my other mod components. If I can get this working correctly it will facilitate a much more expansive and fluid modpack that contains work from other modders as they update it, without the need for constant manual updates. If that doesn't make sense to you just trust me that what I'm trying to do here is badass and awesome and will make all of our lives better.

The trouble is, right now I seem to be encountering a few hitches, and I need some testers. What I need people to do is download all the various components and try them out to make sure they're loading correctly for you, and then if they are, try out the Linear Civ mod above which should reorganize them into a new tech and civics tree. If for whatever reason you encounter a crash, send me a message on steam with a database log ready and it will help me get to the bottom of these kinks in the system.

My name on Steam is Ananse - add me if you've got a few minutes to help test!

Thanks in advance :D

Top Bottom