1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[vanilla] Linux Steam: Can't save a game

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Technical Support' started by Krusydr, Jan 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krusydr

Krusydr Chieftain

I was thinking I would get back in to Civ. Used to play IV a lot and have V and VI. Thought I'd try V, and I have it on Linux in Steam.

The game runs great - and even looks great. Effectively the same as on Windows as far as my old eyes can tell.

HOWEVER - the game offers me now saved game management options. I can not save any game at any point. I assume this is a permissions issue or some setting I need to set...but I thought I would ask here because I've searched a bit online and failed to find a solution.

Any tips? Would love to get this working on my linux box.

2. Krusydr

Krusydr Chieftain

Oddly, Civ VI doesn't have this problem and seems to run fine and save/load games. But I really wanted to dive in to Civ V....

3. Krusydr

Krusydr Chieftain

I realize that I have had this entire conversation with myself, but I may as well finish it!

I was playing the tutorial mission. It seems that you can not save a tutorial game. When I start a normal game all works well. Problem solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.