Lisbon not founded

Virdrago

Wandering
So I was redoing my Carthaginian game, since I had founded one city just west of the UHV area. :blush: After I won, I was looking at the histograph. I noticed the Portuguese had founded their capital north of Lisbon. After, I checked the WB, and, yes, Porto was the capital. Is this a random bug that pops up? I remember the Turks being flung across the Caspian Sea to the Kazakh desert, but I though it was fixed.

I added an autosave from before the Portuguese spawn.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 230
  • AutoSave_AD-1030 Turn 224.CivBeyondSwordSave
    444.7 KB · Views: 35
Maybe Porto was already built and it just flipped to them.

No, I noticed the Portuguese spawned in the history, and then their first city was founded too far north. Spain had the same three cities throughout the game (Madrid, Cadiz, and Barcelona).

I thought Spain usually has 3 cities other than it's capital?

They only founded two this game. Sometimes they don't build a third city in Iberia at all.

I've seen Turkey not found Sogut in 1.184. I'm not really sure what causes it, but apparently it can happen to Portugal, also.

well, hard to tell if you haven't the save of their spawn. But I don't see this as a problem

Sorry, I was going for my UHV and wasn't interested in meeting the Portuguese at that time. I just noticed the the northern tiles by Cadiz went blank (no culture), and then they became Spanish again. I thought at the time, "That was weird, I wonder what happened", but I really didn't check until after I had won the game.

Top Bottom