1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

List Enhancements for VP

Discussion in 'Mods Repository' started by adan_eslavo, Nov 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

Service-post for those using my optional update (smaller Tech Panel) with VP (EUI) and PFEUI4VP, to bring it up-to-date with the newest PFEUI4VP version (v3).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    ryanmusante likes this.
  2. adan_eslavo

adan_eslavo Archmage of all Pixels Supporter

So it is only compatibility version? Can you paste the changes or there are too much of them?

3. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

Yes, this is only an update to the compatibility version for PFEUI4VP because I've just updated that mod; the only changes are found in the UnitPanel.lua file, where half of the changes are just for easier debugging, so it's basically just the change to simplified tool tips being shown in Gold instead of standard color to be consistent with the other tool tips.

4. adan_eslavo

Any ideas for quick update for this mod? During such a long time there shlud be some thoughts about interface or missing info that could be easily added.

5. civplayer33

civplayer33 King

Nothing new comes to mind for me, but with the next beta it's likely that the Cities List will need an update due to the changes to City Strength / City Ranged Strength.

6. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Emperor Supporter

@adan_eslavo I found what seems to be causing the problem for me. When list enhancements is enabled and I set a unit to auto-explore (missionary, pathfinder, etc), 90% of the time there will be a short freeze and than crash to desktop. Without the mod enabled, it doesn't occur.

7. adan_eslavo

Strange, because I recently have used LE opened, but take a closer look on that.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  8. ryanmusante

I keep it open with unit view. Maybe the list is trying to update as units are in movement and hitting a code hang. But it could be a vanilla bug, my configuration, or not LE.

9. adan_eslavo

I correctly remembered that it was fine for me.
    Spoiler List automated :
    upload_2020-2-16_16-37-22.jpeg

I checked it for dozen of turns and nothing. Game still working. If you have nothing in logs then I cannot help you. Maybe it is mod conflict?

10. ryanmusante

@adan_eslavo
    Sorry to bother again, jsut running things through ModTools before the next merger. This pops:
    Code:
    Verifing '(ui) List Enhancements for VP (v 5)'
    MD5 for Changelog.txt is 109AC0C1AC03ED9BD15E93972B6D03A9 (expecting 51E9D4C94FC394A11A1A46CBE5A623B9)
    XML error for UI/TechPanel_small.xml: Error on line 50 of document file:/home/ryan/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata/8930/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/My%20Documents/My%20Games/Sid%20Meier's%20Civilization%205/MODS/(ui)%20List%20Enhancements%20for%20VP%20(v%205)/UI/TechPanel_small.xml: The string "--" is not permitted within comments.
    XML file UI/TechPanel_small.xml in the VFS is not a <Context> or <LeaderScene>
    Changelog.txt appears to be unused
    --- Done

11. adan_eslavo

This mod doesn't interfere with the TechPanel_small.xml file.

ryanmusante likes this.
  12. adan_eslavo

I rechecked the files. My files have no problem, but @civplayer33 added some stuff using unitpanel and techpanel. I don't know what has changed, but there must be an error in techpanel, and unitpanel.lua crashes the mod.

13. ryanmusante

You have witnessed unitpanel.lua actually crashing the mod in-game recently?

14. adan_eslavo

Not CTD, but Unit panel doesn't show ingame. Just download my old version uploaded to the CivFanatics.

Let me know when this merging of VP mods will come up. I can miss that, and after such change all my mods probably will need some update.

ryanmusante likes this.
  15. adan_eslavo

v6.1 with important fix to happiness fields (after happiness rework on VP) I forgot to copy from an old quickfix by @civplayer33 to my files.

Kim Dong Un likes this.
  16. TadhgEomonn

TadhgEomonn Chieftain

Will this new version (6.1) work with VP (EUI) and PFEUI4VP as civplayer33's zzz version previously did?

17. adan_eslavo

No. I disbanded zzz version as it caused some errors recently. This is my pure mod with civplayer's happiness fix. Only EUI.

18. TadhgEomonn

TadhgEomonn Chieftain

Just to clarify: Your version (v6.1) works with VP(EUI) 2.0 and Promotion Flags EUI for VP (v3)?

19. adan_eslavo

I only enabled it, checked the happiness info, and was ok. Other windows as well. Test it more deeply and tell me if something is wrong if you can, ok? You would help me a lot

TadhgEomonn likes this.