List of AI cheats [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodbye_mr_bond

Ancient
Supporter
I'm hoping to gather under this topic all the ways in which the CIV 2 AI cheats. For instance, these are my pet peeves:

1) Under democracy, a computer opponent's cities may be in revolt for more than one turn without the government collapsing.

2) When they 'rush-build' a unit to protect a city I'm laying siege to, they appear to be able to use that unit right away.

The way the ai works is it is given a bulk amount of sheilds to use each turn.This is how it appears to have a built leo's workshop at times.

At higher levels:
-non spy/dip units can bribe units
-built in statue of liberty
-smaller boxes for food and sheilds needed
-support handicap based on level for sheilds and food needed by settlers.Use the cheat menu to check an ai cities by using "set human player".You will find some cities with more negative sheilds and food.
-deity ai has incredibly small sheild boxes for SS parts.
-ai has no problem declaring war in representative governments.
-deity level suffers human king level unhappiness.
-ai planes and missiles don't crash
-ai triremes don't sink
-ai gets "free irrigation and roads".Watch a game early by "revealing entire map".Roads and irrigation will occassionally pop up without any settler actually working the land.Ever see a hut near an ai that was un opened yet irrigated?
-ai knows where your units are.

thats a few

Hey let the AI cheat it's the only what it can beat you!!! It doesn't really matter if it cheats since it is still predictable as hell!!!

BTW I once got nuked by an ai and I was sure that there was no possible way that it could reach me so I loaded and revealed map a after having checked everything I came to the conclusion that to have reached my city the nuke had to have a move of 46 - I them loaded the game again, got nuked and retaliated big time!!!

My first Deity game BTW!!

------------------
Veni Vidi Vici.

Coolbook:
Håkan Eriksson, Stormerne, vladmir_illych_lenin, Cunobelin Of Hippo, PaleHorse76.

Under the heading of "declaring war in any govenrnment": The AI also seems to have no trouble telling you to get out of their territory. I know we all hate it when they send units right up to OUR city walls (reducing production on those squares) and when we send an emissary we get choices like "wish to offer a gift" or "propose a permanent alliance" or some such thing.

The happiness thing while playing Deity level is also annoying. I am scrambling around trying to cut off the revolts while the AI happily moves along and builds the Hanging Gardens and The Oracle they practically don't even need.

------------------
Diplomacy - the art of
saying "Good Doggie"
until you can find a rock

The AI builds units faster than his shield production should allow.

Also, I've never been able to get an AI democracy to crash. I'm not sure if it follows the same rules on this.

I think its unfair that the AI gets to say:
"You are invited to watch in awe....."

This option would be really useful if you want to lure a civ into war without damaging your reputation.

Ai civs can sign alliances against you so easily, while its almost impossible without offering gifts when it's up to the human player.

I'm not sure if this is always the case, but on Deity level I don't think the AI receives a penalty for switching production from an improvement to a military unit.

I think the same is true in their production of Wonders. Is this perhaps why I keep getting messages that a particular civ will begin producing a wonder, then abandons it, then begins again, etc.

------------------
Diplomacy - the art of
saying "Good Doggie"
until you can find a rock

Originally posted by vladmir_illych_lenin:
I think its unfair that the AI gets to say:
"You are invited to watch in awe....."

This is to inform when the AI has a tech you do not, inviting the opportunity to swap knowledge.

Usually when they do this, they are hostile to you. Even when you merely contact them, they say "we decide to rid the earth of your puny civilization!".

One thing. It's been mentioned, but I'm just repeating. I hate how they can declare war so easily. When they greet you, you have to listen to what they say, but when you greet them, they can immediately declare war and cut off negotiations.

I hate how in order to keep friends you need to give money or tech.

The AI also cheats by combining against if you are powerful. A 1,500 year war ended between two Civ's so they could unite against me.

Smash "ai knows where your units are."

This is especially annoying and I think
it takes away from the game, but it is
how shadowdale put it:

Hey let the AI cheat it's the only
way it can beat you!!!

"Engarde you silly fool!
You are no match for my so fine
rapier!"

------------------
He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition burns a picture to obtain the ashes.
- Chinese Proverb

Mostly by playing and "making" scenarios but some from other players.

2 times I have had units bribed while I was in Democracy.1st time it was a crusader.2nd time it was a partisan.The ai obviously has a hardcoded unit tag that the human has no access to.

ai dips can steal multiple techs from the same city.Happened in an OCC game.I let a huge amount of ai dips that showed up thru to see and they stole 13 techs in 2 turns.Space Flight seems to be a major trigger for the ai to increase espionage.

There is the mysterious contact thing.Foreign advisor says peace but actually it is contact leaving the ai free to attack but you are still confined by world opinion.Without an embassy,the human only finds this out when the inevitable sneak attack occurs.

At some point,the ai will begin to act as a single entity.Against you!Not really a cheat but it would be nice to be able to get the same kind of co-operation out of the ai.I'm sure you've all seen a rapid series of pacts signed to contain your "aggression"

I'm fairly sure ai research rates have nothing to do with their actual beaker output.One example I remember is a late game ai Monarchy that was getting a tech every turn.No way the ai could manage this honestly.Cheat menu seemed to confirm as 21 beakers was the highest output of 16 cities when "set human player" was used.

there are more

Not only are the AI science advances not really related to the science output of the civ, but some civs seem to be predetermined right from the start regarding tech development; how else could one explain that some civs still build phalanxes at 1800AD ??
While this may to some extent reflect historical developments, in Civ. it is unreasonable, since the AI is at a disadvantage anyway(since it is so dumb), so every AI Civ should strive to get as smart as possible..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom