List of Ideas

Ramstormp

Warlord
Rather than putting out my ideas one by one, I thought - since many of these things have probably been discussed and rejected for good reason in the past - I ought to throw out a quick list and then if any item happens to look interesting we could pull that one out and maybe elaborate in a separate thread.

Some of these are partially completed, but lacked the skills to finish.

1. Adapt Europe Limited Yield Stock feature from DOANE.

2. Racially Diverse Settlement Population Growth based on current inhabitants - even bring in Mestizo etc.

3. Separate Cargo Slots to some for Class Units only others for Yield or Slave units only - Example: Ship of the Line cannot carry yields, Merchantman carries mostly yields

4. Record a drier, more reluctant and less painful to the ear king ring kiss smooch.

5. The ability to join an open School/College slot at other colonial settlements at a price.

6. Cultural Victory option (human only probably) based on a chain of National Wonder Buildings(Cultural Establishments) that culturally set you apart from the motherland. Examples: Spicy Pioneer Mothers (costing some cocoa, peppers and salt and 1 hammer) give you 1 tool per turn; or Witty Drinking Ditties (cost 3 taverns, some Rum and Wine).

7. … there will be more here once I remember whatever it was

To really say anything about most of these I would need a detailed concept. :dunno:
Otherwise I can not get a real opinion considering gameplay, technical impact and effort.

For some of these I already have a first opinion though.

Separate Cargo Slots to some for Class Units only others for Yield or Slave units only - ...
How do you want to teach this to AI?

The problem is not just to teach them how to use the different cargo slots on the ships.
The main problem is to teach it to acquire the ships it would really need with this system.

Also this would have dramatic side effects - thus require lots of changes - e.g. for Automated Trade Routes, ...
Do you really think it is worth the effort and all the potential bugs to code such a system?

Record a drier, more reluctant and less painful to the ear king ring kiss smooch.
The current sound is ok to me, but if somebody wants to record a better one, ok.
I really do not care. :dunno:

The ability to join an open School/College slot at other colonial settlements at a price.
Lots of effort for little gameplay value.

And again we would have "beaming" which many team members and players do not like.
Question would directly arise "Why can I not do it for all Professions?" ...

Last edited:
...Do you really think...?
Well, no I do not have enough experience or the necessary personality trait to be able to clearly foresee how much effort it is, how hard it is to teach the AI or what kind of side effects are possible. That is the main reason I am presenting these not very thought through ideas to you excellent people, hoping that you find a feature exciting enough to implement it.

I do not at the moment lack the desire to put in the effort to implement any aspects of a feature within my skill level, even if the only positive thing that comes out of it will be that I learned something more.

Lots of effort for little gameplay value.

And again we would have "beaming" which many team members and players do not like.
Question would directly arise "Why can I not do it for all Professions?" ...

I probably did not make myself clear enough even on that one...
The only time there might be beaming is if an open border agreement is cancelled and the student is kicked out and moved to the border.

I was thinking something like learning among natives, except it is learning at a neighbor European city. Possible example: Nya Stockholm has a Master Drier and a school. Master drier is shown in the bulletin of that city. You walk your Danish indentured servant to Nya Stockholm. A "live among" icon is shown and you click it. You are offered a price to learn. maybe 100 gold.

I agree that it is little game play value. I don't think I would use it all that much, but in my mind it increases immersion value. I like anything that increases interdependence and trade among the different new world cities and less of an interaction with Europe only.

I was thinking something like learning among natives, except it is learning at a neighbor European city.
Ah ok, I misunderstood.
I thought you wanted to beam Students from one of your own Schools to another one of your own Schools.

I agree that it is little game play value. I don't think I would use it all that much, ...
Yes, it is still really very little game play value.
It is basically just for immersion.

Learning from Natives is interesting because it offers experts you cannot educate yourselfs.
For training at other Colonial AIs this incentive simply does not exist. (e.g. for Lumberjacks)

AI itself even never should use this feature, although it would be possible to teach it with reasonable effort.
(It should focus on more important things and can get all these Profession from Immigration and LbD.)

By the way:
AI
almost never builds Schools currently (not to speak of any higher level educational buildings).
You would hardly ever get the option offered in the concept you suggest - if you tie it to the condition "existing school".

---------
Summary:

Well, if you really want to implement something like this go ahead. :thumbsup:
It is your effort and your time.

Like always every modder is free to implement whatever he wants - according to his personal taste. :)
Also every modder is free to publish his own mod-mod based on WTP (if he gives appropriate credits).

For integration in WTP core mod however it is still to be answered:
"Do all WTP team members like it? Will it be integrated into WTP (core mod)?".

When it is done you can simply present it to community. :thumbsup:
(If it is looking nice and working without bugs we can discuss again about integration.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom